Bimini stitching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bimini stitching

I have a spot on my Bimini that need to be re-stitched....instead of submitting a warranty, I’d rather fix it by hand. I think this will be much easier and faster to do myself. The area is only 2 inches long. My question to you all, where can I find some thread that will work. I assume the thread needs to be a specific material. Any idea where I can find some?

2019 R23 M2 tower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had my mom fix a couple spots on mine last winter and put a small patch in where the rope was rubbing the underside. I believe she just used some regular black thread. If anything I'd suggest a slightly heavier gauge. I'd just go talk to someone at a fabric shop.

Comment

Hobby Lobby carries a good heavy duty thread. Gore Tex thread is the best if you can get your hands on that.

Comment

I had to fix my bimini this past summer. I used V92 Polyester UV thread that I ordered from Sailrite and it appeared to be the same size as the manufacturer used.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome responses!!!! Thanks for the ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've used carpet thread and upholstery thread for jobs like this. On our bimini, in fact. You'll need a heavier needle. All of which are available at most large craft stores.

I strongly recommend a pair of pliers for pushing/pulling it through the fabric... otherwise your fingers are going to be VERY sore.

Comment

Working...
            X