time for service and looking for some assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

time for service and looking for some assistance

boat is a '14 z3 with indmar 5.7 and the bright orange covers.

had the oil changed when I bought it a year ago and before we set out again this spring it's time to do all the service things.
    I have searched and searched but can't seem to find the info looking for so hopefully someone on here has done it and logged it. my old tige had the pcm ex343 and found that easier...

here's what I know I need/want to do and any assistance with part numbers or links would be amazing...

oil- 15w40 is what I see. I used synth diesel in the pcm so assuming I can do the same in this beast.
    oil filter. no clue
    trans oil. no clue
    v-drive oil. again no clue.

impeller I have already.

I know there are a couple of fuel filters and I see that some are 100hr and some are 300hr. which one(s) do you change regularly and any input on model numbers?

located here in nevada and only been 60 days since it was out so we really don't need to winterize here as the down season is only 90 days or so. I did sta-bil the gas but it's time to ensure a fresh start to this season and for me to start wrenching on this myself. I paid for the initial oil change but you all know what that cost

thx for any assistance.
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Here is a link to the Engine Owners manual on Indmar's site.

https://indmar.wpengine.com/wp-conte...ors-Manual.pdf

Comment

vdrive oil is Delvac 50, or Mobil 630

Trans should be dextron - 2.3qts

Just be sure to check the manual on your boat. Being a 14 it may be the unit that has dextron in both if it was an earlier unit.
      Oh Yeah!

Comment

I would assume the vdrive is marked and will follow the link mike sent out.

thank you much guys. hopefully this thread will pop up in searches now as I have scoured tige and couldn't find any of this info....
        2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
        2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

May I ask about the impeller, is it an annual replacement? If so is it a generic part I can get locally or do i need to contact my Tige dealer 6hrs away? 2015 z3 orange top raptor.
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Brianw View Post
            May I ask about the impeller, is it an annual replacement? If so is it a generic part I can get locally or do i need to contact my Tige dealer 6hrs away? 2015 z3 orange top raptor.
            Thanks
            Johnson 09-812B impeller
            Oh Yeah!

Comment

May I ask about the impeller, is it an annual replacement?
              fwiw and sure others will have a different take on this. I have always done impellers every other year. probably average 40-50hrs/yr on a boat. this was in states where boating ended in midseptember and april or may was first outing.
              in 11 years of boat ownership I never had a failure following this. I will be following same line of thinking here although the boating season for us is really going to be a couple months in the spring and then again in the fall skipping summer(due to heat) and winter(insurance layup policy).
              2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
              2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Thanks
                You will get different opinions on this. Some people do it every year, others every couple years. I believe Indmar recommends every 100 hours. If you do it every year, you never have to worry about it! I just wait until mine fails or starts to fail before changing it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB313 View Post
                    I just wait until mine fails or starts to fail before changing it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
                    And by starts to fail, do you mean engine starts running hotter? If so how much? 10-15degrees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just wait until mine fails or starts to fail before changing it.
                      Please don't. Sucks digging all those pieces out of the heat exchanger.

I always tell people cheap insurance is to replace it yearly. If you want to take the chance, do it every other year.
                      Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post
                        And by starts to fail, do you mean engine starts running hotter? If so how much? 10-15degrees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        It may run a overheat and then come back down. Last one happened at 250 hours on my 2012.
                        As Koolaid said though, it is cheap insurance and if they break apart completely it is a pain to get the pieces out.

Comment

I just wait until mine fails or starts to fail before changing it.
                          I got a chill just reading this comment. Yikes.

New impellers are what, $50 worst case? And a new belt is the same or less. Say $100 for the pair. As an annual insurance policy to protect a $10,000 engine, I'd say 1% of the engine cost is a bargain.

I sure hope that was sarcasm and I just missed it.

Comment

Working...
                          X