Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boat length and height on trailer HELP....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat length and height on trailer HELP....

I am designing a new garage for my 2013 Z3.

My boat is in storage no where near home. so I can not go get measurements readily.

Does anyone know the overall length of a Z3 or probably a R23 on the trailer with the tongue extended and swim platform on?

What about the height of the tower?

https://www.tige.com/boats/r23/specs
    This is the 2020 spec sheet with trailer info but it should be very close to your boat.

10'-3 with tower up and 7'-9 with tower folded.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

I’d go for 30’ in length. My rzx3 just fits in a 28’ with platform on tongue slightly folded. And for some reason the rzx3 is shorter than the z3.

Comment

A 12" door will get you in/out with tower up no clearance issues.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

crapola!!!!

I am planning on going 36x36 or 40x40 so good there.
          problem is that I can only do 12' walls so that is a 10' door.

Comment

You might be able to squeeze a 11’ door.

Comment

FWIW,

My 22ve won’t clear a 12’ door with the tower up on the trailer. The damn light catches.. annoying. Maybe it’s the angle of approach or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^^^Whaaaaaat? I have a 22ve and a 10' garage door and I clear with about 6" to spare. How high is your trailer????

I can't see the older tower being that much higher than the Alpha Z....maybe it is?

Comment

garage at my house is 28ft deep. 8ft door height.
                  my z3 fits straight in and tongue folded I have a bit of room to walk around the front to get to the 3rd stall but it's kinda tight. 30ft and you will be good BUT you will have the tongue in the way as you walk around it.
                  36 long would be my first choice.

as to the door 12ft to ensure you don't leave yourself out if you upgrade or trade for a 5thwheel in the future. never measured but I don't think my z3 would fit under a 10ft door as 10ft in most cases is not really a true 10ft after siding and trim.
                  kinda sounds like you are going with a kit build so it's a simple flat roof truss? if it's stick framed simply do a 12ft wall and once you are 3ft in on each side bump up the trusses by 2ft to give you the height you need for a 12ft door. 36ft wide and a simple 4/12 roof will allow you plenty of truss space to bump it up. any good truss shop should be able to build that for ya but a 36ft span is going to be a spendy truss. 30ft wide would reduce your costs quite a bit and still as wide as a 3car garage.
                  if it is a kit, see if they can build a 12ft wall, flat roof for 3ft on each side then jog up 2ft and finish the rest of the roof.
                  pic is extreme but you get the idea...

good luck.
                  2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                  2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Originally posted by MJO21 View Post
                    crapola!!!!

I am planning on going 36x36 or 40x40 so good there.
                    problem is that I can only do 12' walls so that is a 10' door.
                    Well, you would just need to let tower down a bit, back in, then you can pop the tower back up.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
                      ^^^Whaaaaaat? I have a 22ve and a 10' garage door and I clear with about 6" to spare. How high is your trailer????

I can't see the older tower being that much higher than the Alpha Z....maybe it is?
                      The E Series is noticeably taller then the Alpha-Z, but dang, Brent's 07 trailer must be on 32's Ive had a half dozen or so 22/24 V/Ve boats in and out of my shop and clearance has never been an issue on my 12" door.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                        The E Series is noticeably taller then the Alpha-Z, but dang, Brent's 07 trailer must be on 32's Ive had a half dozen or so 22/24 V/Ve boats in and out of my shop and clearance has never been an issue on my 12" door.
                        Yup. I’m hindsight I’m a dirty dirty liar and we have 10ft doors. But I don’t clear them

Also, maybe I should lift my trailer. Bring out my redneck. Hmmm.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrentP View Post
                          Yup. I’m hindsight I’m a dirty dirty liar and we have 10ft doors. But I don’t clear them

Also, maybe I should lift my trailer. Bring out my redneck. Hmmm.....

boat-trailer-lift-banner.jpg

Blang Blang
                          Oh Yeah!

Comment

For when you need to take your wake boat all terrain. No boat ramp no problem.

Comment

We launch from the beach, at a couple of our lakes. I’ve soaked my truck carpet a couple of times, I have to back in so far to get my boat in far enough to get off the trailer. I’ll have to buy Gravedigger to launch, if I buy the trailer lift kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X