Audio System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio System

Hi Tige Lovers, anyone out there who might have some technical knowledge of the Tige Touch & Audio System, this thread is for you.
    Any and all help is appreciated.

So for context, boat is a 2017 RZR. I came standard with 1x wet sounds HTX4(DSP) amp running the 2x bow speakers and the 2x Aft speakers. I purchased a pair of wetsounds REV8 tower speakers and a wetsounds HTX4 (non DSP) amp to drive the tower speakers. I also added a self powered twin 8" SUB enclosure.

Now, unless my installer is a complete idiot, they told me they had to split the RCA's out of the original DSP amp to run the signal to the SUB. I would've thought that because the Tige Touch software has a seperate volume control for the SUB, that it would've had it's own RCA output.
    Does anyone know? I ask this before I start to get sweaty and stick my head under seats. It's mid to high 30deg's here!

The other problem I'm having, and this is only since the stereo upgrade, is that the Bow speakers seem to fluctuate in volume a lot, even though I have the volume set to 100%.
    I do use the auto volume settings, and I understand how this all works, so unless that particular feature is faulty, It must be something else. Initially I have checked all cables to and from amps, and all seems ok.

Cheers Cheers!
    Matt

The RZR should have the 4-zone Murphy media black box. Its actually a separate component from the Tige Tough screen I believe.

In this case, there would be 2 unused zone if the boat only came with one amp and bow and main cabin speakers. One for tower and one for woofer. So, how did the acquire audio signal for the new tower amp?

Next question, on the new HTX-4 for the bridged tower pods, did they split the RCA at the amp and populate all 4 RCA inputs? Or just use a single left and right RCA and populate only 2 RCA inputs?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

There will be 4 sets of rca outs (zones) located behind the helm, accessed through the bow seat. You'll have aft, bow, tower, and sub zones. You can verify this by going into the touch menu for the audio. You can set the levels by each zone separately.

Comment

Thanks for your replies guys, much appreciated. I thought there should be 4x sets of RCA's, one for each zone, but my installer said they could not find 2x spares, only one set spare, so they used these to run to tower HTX4 amp. Which works perfect.
        Because they could not find any original SUB RCA out, they split the RCA signal from the original HTX4-DSP amp and ran that to the SUB box. I believe this is what is causing the problem. I'll start to investigate myself, I bet I find the 'missing' SUB RCA's.

Thanks again. You've helped confirm my thoughts on how it should be setup. Happy boating!!
        Matty

Comment

You will not be looking for an RCA, you will be looking for the Outputs on the black box, over under the helm. I do not even think it will be labeled sub or woofer, as its a full-range output. The sub labeling is part of the TT display.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

This is the audio unit you're looking for, the harness that plugs into it will have the 4 sets of rca plugs. IMG_3004.jpg

Comment

Has anybody ever contacted wet sounds about tuning their amp to allow the tower speakers to push a little more power? Love their amps but not a fan how they lock out the consumer from making adjustments but I realize they do that to keep their systems from blowing. I just don’t feel like my speakers are as loud as they should be. I’ve got them turned up to 100 on the Tige Touch. I’ve got 4 REVO 10’s from the factory. I had 4 JL 7.7 tower speakers on my last boat and they were much louder than the 4 REVOs.

Comment

All of big the marine audio suppliers are going with DSP controlled systems. My understanding of amplifiers is a 500 watt amp, produces 500 watts regardless of gain setting with a given voltage input. I admit, I do not know what Amp or amps, Tige installs to power 4 Wetsounds Rev 10’s, but if properly tuned, they can handle 2400 watts combined. I am currently adding an additional pair of Rev 8’s to my existing pair, I will be also adding a matching 800 watt Syn 4. If I were to add the speakers without an additional amp, I would just be getting the same dB level from 4 speakers instead of two, relatively speaking. In my research for my project, I learned that that to double the perceived volume, the dB level has to increase by 10 dB, say from 100 dB to 110 dB. By adding a matching amp, I am told to expect an increase of 6 dB. To actually achieve a doubling of the dB output, requires quadrupling the power. I just thought that was interesting to share, if I am mistaken, please let me know.

Comment

The Syn-2 was OEM tower amp from about 2009 through the 2016 models. Then the switch was made to the Syn-DX2-DSP. Basically the same wattage to 1 or 2 pair of speakers. 200W rms x 2 @ 4 ohm and 375W rms x 2 @ 2 ohm.

Rather then add a 3rd amp to power the new (2nd) pair of of tower speakers, id swap the existing Syn-2 (if thats what is still there) for a single Syn-DX2.3HP. All 4 pods are driven by the same amp and same wattage. Thats 300W rms to each, which is realistically, what they can handle.

Comment

Originally posted by david.osborne24 View Post
                    Has anybody ever contacted wet sounds about tuning their amp to allow the tower speakers to push a little more power? Love their amps but not a fan how they lock out the consumer from making adjustments but I realize they do that to keep their systems from blowing. I just don’t feel like my speakers are as loud as they should be. I’ve got them turned up to 100 on the Tige Touch. I’ve got 4 REVO 10’s from the factory. I had 4 JL 7.7 tower speakers on my last boat and they were much louder than the 4 REVOs.
                    Sooooo I'm an idiot and I can't believe nobody on here has called me on it yet! While at the Nashville Boat Show tonight I was discussing how much louder the 2020 Tige tower speakers seemed to be compared to years past. I was thinking the new speaker housing was making the big difference and it still may be contributing but I was informed tonight that Wet Sounds actually turned the amps up a bit on the 2020's. Once I got in front of my computer I went straight to their website looking for contact info as I was going to reach out for what I thought would be a "software update" for their amp. Because I have never seen any adjustment knobs in plain site on my SYN DX Amps I assumed they were adjusted digitally. I was wrong! I downloaded the manual from their website for my factory amps and the adjustments are located behind the bottom metal plate that you have to remove! I am going to compare my gain settings to the 2020's and adjust them to the higher settings that Wet Sounds is supposedly doing for 2020 Tiges.

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 10.28.13 PM.jpg

Comment

David,

No one called you out, because a 2019 should still have the DSP amps, which are tuned on a laptop and then loaded into the amp. No installer/consumer level tuning on the DSP amp. No knobs under the cover, although the cover is still there and removable

A I understand it, Tige has moved back to traditionally tuned amps for 2020. It is possible for a very late 2019 to have been outfitted with the new amps. So if your boat has tuning knobs under there, this would be my reason why. Only other reason, would be they are aftermarket.

As to mimicking the amp settings seen on another boat, I would use caution. You have to be absolutely sure that everything is the same from the media center to the size, type and number of speakers. Otherwise, the setting would not be the same.

Comment

Mike is correct on all of it. If you have a non dsp amp it is because it was installed by the dealer after the fact. Zone 3 should be the sub and zone 4 will be tower speakers if this wasn't said before. The RCA's are labeled at the ice module.

If you do have a non DSP amp installed let me know. Maybe its the same amp we use currently and I can send you the settings.

Mike, do you want me to send you the setting templates for reference in the future?
                        Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thank you all. Sounds like I may have gotten too excited because mine was ordered in February last year so I’m sure I’ve probably got the DSP models. I’ll report back when I’m able to get over to the boat and check. If they are tunable I was going to use a 2020 with 4 Rev 10’s like mine has as a template

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not quite related, but someone looking at ordering a new boat and may be wondering. In our 2020 23ZX I ordered it with the Sinister upgrade for the audio system since it basically matched what I installed in my 2016 Z3 except for the 420 and an enclosed sub. I am completely happy that I did so, It’s every bit as loud as my old setup, but with a much cleaner sound I think in large part due to the Revo 8,s throughout the boat and the 4 Rev 10’s on the tower. I’m kicking around the idea of adding a mono block amp with an enclosed subwoofer that will reside under the observer seat and vent to the cabin to add a touch more bass. My understanding is if you order the Sinister+ package you get the added sub. On our Z3, when we would tie up with friends for lunch and hanging out, you could watch all the other guys go turn there stereo’s off since they knew they would be listening to what was coming from my boat.... always a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m kicking around the idea of adding a mono block amp with an enclosed subwoofer that will reside under the observer seat and vent to the cabin
                              Couple of great options out there for this.

Comment

Working...
                              X