Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to cover bare fiberglass in lockers with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to cover bare fiberglass in lockers with?

This last summer I removed the kidney shaped cooler under the passenger seat so I could use it as storage. One of my winter projects is to clean up the edge up top and cover the bare fiberglass floor & walls. I'm also thinking of pulling all of the carpet out of the bow where the bow sac sits as I find it holds quite a bit of water throughout the boating season which in turn starts getting a bit moldy under the fat sac. Trying to figure out the best thing to apply? Epoxy? Polyeurathane deck paint? Liquid Rubber?

I'd like to use something that I can roll on.

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
    This last summer I removed the kidney shaped cooler under the passenger seat so I could use it as storage. One of my winter projects is to clean up the edge up top and cover the bare fiberglass floor & walls. I'm also thinking of pulling all of the carpet out of the bow where the bow sac sits as I find it holds quite a bit of water throughout the boating season which in turn starts getting a bit moldy under the fat sac. Trying to figure out the best thing to apply? Epoxy? Polyeurathane deck paint? Liquid Rubber?

I'd like to use something that I can roll on.
    I like to spray it with a tuff skin material
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

West system epoxy is pretty good stuff and not too hard to work with.

Comment

Can you take a picture of what it looks like with cooler removed. Thinking of doing the same thing.

Comment

Nickypoo used Bondo Glass on his ballast build. Post #126
          http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...llast+nickypoo
          Last edited by TeamAllen; 12-04-2019, 03:53 PM.
          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

^^^Yup. The truck bed liner is awesome. I had it sprayed without the traction beads. This summer I redid the engine cover on my buddy’s 21V and had it sprayed with truckbed liner as well.
            You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

When I did my huge ballast install, and pulled everything out (floors, factory foam blocks, etc.) right down to the hull, I installed interlocking floor cushion mat to protect the Fat Sacs from the fiberglass. It's waterproof, inexpensive, and non-permanent. That last point is important for those of us who are constantly tinkering with our boats! Next time I wanted to change something I didn't want to be dealing with anything (semi)permanent. It's worked out really well, there's been a couple of times where I needed direct access to the fiberglass and the foam just lifts away, I do my work, and it goes right back in. You can cut and shape it to fit any shape with standard scissors.

Bonus: If you're working in the space in question, it cushions your hands/elbows/knees very nicely.

Comment

^^^That's a great idea. Good call.
                You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

This is on my to do list as well. I’m over the perpetually wet carpet.

Comment

Working...
                  X