Quickly Winterizing the Raptor 400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quickly Winterizing the Raptor 400

This time of year there are a lot of questions about winterizing. I came across this video today trying to find another video I'd seen in the past to send to someone. It is a nice short video on winterizing the Raptor 400. This particular boat is a 2015 Z3. These boats are easier than ever to winterize yourself. Forget the light bulb in the bilge. Take 15 minutes, drain the water, and sleep worry free! 🤘

https://youtu.be/OuUHckx62JQ
    BABz - babzusa.com
    Austin, TX

Great work! Thank you for video and the post!
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

I helped a buddy do his a couple seasons ago and was surprised how easy and straight forward it is. definitely a DIY as long as you can turn a wrench. He does it himself now and avoids shelling out $400 to the stealership. The hardest part is getting at the plug and bolt at the heat exchanger, and the impeller housing. I found it easiest laying in the starboard rear locker with your arm and head stuck through the rear access panel. Lol
      Working on these boats turns you into a bit of a contortionist!

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
        I found it easiest laying in the starboard rear locker with your arm and head stuck through the rear access panel.
        Thats the truth right there! You can also pull that bulkhead as well to give you a little more room. The ZX's you can pull the tub in the locker but that can be a pain.

The brass plugs are typically a nightmare. The ATX line is the easiest boat I have ever winterized. Everything is just right there in the open.
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

I helped a buddy do his a couple seasons ago and was surprised how easy and straight forward it is. definitely a DIY as long as you can turn a wrench. He does it himself now and avoids shelling out $400 to the stealership. The hardest part is getting at the plug and bolt at the heat exchanger, and the impeller housing. I found it easiest laying in the starboard rear locker with your arm and head stuck through the rear access panel. Lol
          For sure. I’ve found over the years removing pieces to have more space and having the right tools for the job makes all the difference. Hopping in the car and going to Home Depot to get the right extension or what not takes less time than struggling with the wrong items. Removing the rear starboard walls and having some flexible extensions makes a world of difference!
          BABz - babzusa.com
          Austin, TX

Comment

Sucks your buddy has such a negative experience with his dealer that he has to name them that. Brutal.
            Germaine Marine
            "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Dang, $499 for a wint is nuts! Even our most expensive package on a cabin cruiser with water heaters, shower, head etc comes out cheaper than that, with an oil change included.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
                Thats the truth right there! You can also pull that bulkhead as well to give you a little more room. The ZX's you can pull the tub in the locker but that can be a pain.

The brass plugs are typically a nightmare. The ATX line is the easiest boat I have ever winterized. Everything is just right there in the open.
                I quit trying to use an allen for the brass and just jammed two nuts together on a short 3/8" bolt. Put the bolt head in the plug and wrench on the nuts. Makes those Rseries without the exhaust crossover hose drains so much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutATX View Post
                  This time of year there are a lot of questions about winterizing. I came across this video today trying to find another video I'd seen in the past to send to someone. It is a nice short video on winterizing the Raptor 400. This particular boat is a 2015 Z3. These boats are easier than ever to winterize yourself. Forget the light bulb in the bilge. Take 15 minutes, drain the water, and sleep worry free! 🤘

https://youtu.be/OuUHckx62JQ

Thanks for sharing my video, hopefully its helpful for others looking to winterize their boats. These Raptor engines with being partially closed cooled, are pretty straight forward for winterizing.
                  Last edited by myksbmw; 12-02-2019, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X