Please Explain Warranties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Explain Warranties

Does anyone have a good explanation as to why a 3rd owner nulls and voids a warranty? I just want to rant a bit. My 2015 Tige Z3 with an Indmar vdrive failed because of a faullty oil seal and Indmar will not stand behind their product because im the 3rd owner, but if I were the 2nd owner they would. In my mind if i build a product and warranty it for 5 years then it doesnt matter how many owners there have been, stand behind your product , its just good customer service.

Sorry I am just a little upset.

Originally posted by KonaKing View Post
    Does anyone have a good explanation as to why a 3rd owner nulls and voids a warranty? I just want to rant a bit. My 2015 Tige Z3 with an Indmar vdrive failed because of a faullty oil seal and Indmar will not stand behind their product because im the 3rd owner, but if I were the 2nd owner they would. In my mind if i build a product and warranty it for 5 years then it doesnt matter how many owners there have been, stand behind your product , its just good customer service.

Sorry I am just a little upset.
    The unfortunate thing here is that rules are rules. Its like this with every MFG, its explicitly stated. Every MFG has some twist on the warranty program because of how they have been burned at one time or another. Nautique who some would argue is the benchmark has it stated in the last sentence in their warranty.

I know it sucks, and if this is a vent Im all for it, god knows I have had my share.

Kia for example gives you a shinny 100k mile warranty when you buy a new car, if it transfers ownership while still a great warranty it goes to 60K in the fine print.

I get it, trust me I do. But this isn't a case of Tige pulling the rug or being different than anyone else. This is the standard and I would say they do as good a job at trying to go above and beyond at times.

One thing to consider is calling Indmar and trying to go up the ladder as this claim would have nothing to do with Tige as im sure you know. Your boat has two warranties done when purchased, one with Tige and one with Indmar. Tige would not even be involved here if it was within the parameters.

A call to Tige or your dealer trying to help ya out could get you some relief but I doubt it.

At the end of the day, I thought that 15 was only 3 years anyway...? In 16 is when I thought it went to 5.
    Last edited by Germaine Marine; 11-11-2019, 11:43 PM.
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

interestingly enough my '16 silverado came with 5/60 from the factory(i think). I bought it as a certified preowned with 10k on the clock and a year old. it now has a 5/100 on the powertrain.
      why should I get 40k more than the prior owner? and 3 free synth oil changes to boot from chevy.

that said tige is working to do us a solid on our current '14 even tho we are the 3rd owner. it's appreciated from koolaid and you can bet tige would be on the short list when the time comes to shop again.
      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Thanks for info but "at the end of the day" you're right the 15 only comes with a 3 year warranty. Its all done, new trans and V drive and tucked away for the winter.

Comment

All warranties are just an insurance policy that is factored into the price of the boat in order to help sell it. After the original purchase the warranty no longer has benefit to manufacturer. Remember the more the manufacturer spends on warranties the more it gets added to the price of new boats that we all pay.
          Last edited by rcoates2; 11-29-2019, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X