2004 ECM replaced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2004 ECM replaced

I have a 2004 22i R 350 Mag. I was having problems with the boat at idle. After starting it would run for 15 seconds to a minute then the audible alarm would go off and the boat would die. We had periodic occurances where it would shut down seeming out of nowhere over the last few years. Once it would shut down, I never had any problems re-starting. I ended up having the ECM and IAC replaced. Upon our first outing back on the water, the initial idle was rough but after a few revs that seemed to go away. After it was warmed up I tried the throttle wide open and the alarm would chirp at 30Mph @ about 4100 RPM 3 blade prop. The throttle at 80% rotation to WOT. Is there an ECM setting or rev limiter that could cause this?Never happend before the new ECM was installed. Thank much!
    Last edited by nozleman21; 10-28-2019, 12:49 PM.

Are you sure you are not low on oil? I'm no expert on the merc stuff but there is a low oil sensor from what I recall.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Yes positively not low on oil. The boat ran well at WOT at the beginning of the season. Only change has been the ECM.

Comment

Working...
      X