Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting irritated with winterizing 22v

Ok so I’m going through these steps with a 2004 22v
    So far I’ve only located 3 blue drains 2 on port side and 2 hoses that have a little thumb release hose
    Now I’m reading to remove the knock sensor?
    Also where do I empty out the trans cooler or vdrive water drain?
    Would you run the RV safe coolant after? If so what do I need to do so
    Live in Michigan and it’s getting to the 30’s quickly

What engine? Merc or MP
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Merc mag 350
      I’ve found the main drain all the way in the back
      I’ve found the 2 right above each other
      There were 2 line that I had to release the thumb clips

Comment

A quick tip for you. When draining the water out of the block I cut about a 7 in. piece of coat hanger wire and probe the block drain holes a bit to knock loose any sediment that tends to block the holes and prevent the block from fully draining. RV anti-freeze doesn’t like to be diluted in any case and in colder climates getting as much water out as possible before filling with anti-freeze is extra important.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by matt4124 View Post
          Ok so I’m going through these steps with a 2004 22v
          So far I’ve only located 3 blue drains 2 on port side and 2 hoses that have a little thumb release hose
          Now I’m reading to remove the knock sensor?
          Also where do I empty out the trans cooler or vdrive water drain?
          Would you run the RV safe coolant after? If so what do I need to do so
          Live in Michigan and it’s getting to the 30’s quickly

knock.jpg

Knock sensor should be towards the bottom of the block with a wired piece running to it. At least, that's where mine is on a 2005.

Comment

I believe it sits lower than the other drain spots but I could we wrong. When I remove mine, the water drains out and I leave it out. My situation may be different though as I have my boat in a garage all winter so i don't do the antifreeze. Plus, I live in Missouri and it doesn't get nearly as cold as Michigan and our cold doesn't last as long. I went to College in Alma, MI and they were the most miserable winters I can remember.

Comment

On a Marine Power engine, the knock sensor(s) is the drain plug for one side of the block. Merc I think, used petcocks or plugs.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
              X