Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PDM diagnostics?

Hi,

I am a new 2019 R21 owner and have a question about the PDM diagnostics screen. They other day, I notice that a couple of ballast pumps were not working. I did not see any burned out fuses, but when I checked the PDM diagnostics screen, I saw that several items, including the ballast pumps and all lights have orange triangle warning symbols with exclamation marks next to them. The funny things is the circuit status shows green for each of these items. The lights seem to be working fine, but a couple of the pumps still do not work. The manual nor the screens says noting about the orange triangle warning symbols. Does anyone know what that means? Thanks for the help.

The manual says nothing about this screen because it shouldn't be accessed. It was an idea that Murphy had that really doesn't work well. Its looking for shorts and open circuits. A motor is a short (ballast pumps electric motor) and LED is a short, a relay would show as open circuit, so basically it just constantly gives false readings. It has been moved to the dealer settings menu on later updates. Ignore everything on that screen.

The PDM will shut off the channel if it is shorted out. It will give power to that wire if its an open circuit. So everything can be tested with a multimeter with much better results.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thanks. It's good to know to not rely on it.

Comment

Working...
      X