X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capacitor in TAPS line to solve speaker POP

Hi guys! Thanks for your input, here is the issue:

2001 Tigé 21v riders edition

The set up: I have a two battery system. The only thing on battery #2 is two 2 farad capacitors, feeding two Amps, that feed a wake board tower, seat speakers, and one subwoofer.

The problem: Every time I engage my taps system the speaker pops. It pops once every time I release the button while the music is playing. If I press and hold the button taps button it only does it when I release the taps switch. The popping sound is best described as when someone plugs in a microphone when the amp is on. But just one pop per push of the taps system.

All the grounds are connected clean. I have gone through them. And the speakers sound great and work great other than this issue.

I have read that a lot of guys have wired 100uf 50v caps in the TAPS line and it has solved the problem. I have also heard people turn down their gains and it fixes it.

Does anyone have input on how to wire a capacitor into taps power?

Same link I posted to your FB thread. If it is not answering your question, please ask the specific question.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...kers-with-taps

If the gains are set correctly, within reason, then turning them down will not resolve this. Excessively high gains, can allow all sorts of unwanted noise, but the TAPS pop, is not typically one of them.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Same link I posted to your FB thread. If it is not answering your question, please ask the specific question.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...kers-with-taps

If the gains are set correctly, within reason, then turning them down will not resolve this. Excessively high gains, can allow all sorts of unwanted noise, but the TAPS pop, is not typically one of them.

Thank you for that. I see in Phil’s response

He has a cap wired to blue/purple and green with the other side landed to ground. Is this correct?

I’m assuming these wires are accessed by removing the throttle.

This looks like the fix that I have been reading about.

Comment

Working...
      X