1999 Tige 2100V Bluewater Inboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1999 Tige 2100V Bluewater Inboard?

I recently purchased a 99 tige 2100v with a 350 Mercruiser Bluewater Inboard in it, I am just curious what significance the "bluewater inboard" designation have? I have found conflicting info on other forums, thanks!

Zach

Post up a picture. Not sure about the bluewater myself. I don't remember us building anything like that. I do remember the very rare blue scorpion.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
      Post up a picture. Not sure about the bluewater myself. I don't remember us building anything like that. I do remember the very rare blue scorpion.
      Here are some photos of it, thanks for the help!
      Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to the site. I have never heard of it. All I could find online that it is possible a closed loop cooling system for salt water use.
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Yes same here, but the strange thing is mine is RWC, not closed. I’m wondering if this engine was original to the boat or not.

Also when I pull the serial number, it does not mention the BWI in its model name, yet the model name on the engine cover references it.
          Last edited by zach30345; 10-11-2019, 09:38 PM.

Comment

I think the Blue Water Edition is a saltwater engine.

Comment

It looks like it has been around salt water with that surface rust. Where are you located or where did the boat come from?
              Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
                It looks like it has been around saltwater with that surface rust. Where are you located or where did the boat come from?
                The boat was only used in freshwater, up in Orange County at Canyon Lake, where I purchased it from about 4 months ago. I use it in San Diego, I do store in near saltwater and use it in saltwater, however, most of the surface rust was present when I bought the boat.

I am just trying to figure out the engine, I am starting to think maybe the cover was swapped at one point, because the serial number comes back at a Mercruiser MPI Tourn Ski engine, and doesn't show the BWI (Bluwawter Inboard) when pulled up.

Comment

Working...
                X