2015 Tige Z3 AVX Surf Video, Suggestions Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone, This was the first time we have tried surfing the Regular side of the 15 Z3 with the AVX and Surf XL ballast and Raptor 400 engine. Here are the settings that were used: Port Front and rear Ballast were 100% full. Front and rear starboard was 10%. TAPS at 4 AVX between 6-7. Only a driver in the boat. Roll was at 6* pitch was 6* and speed was 11.2-11.5. Water depth was 17-20ft, elevation was 4,200ft, and prop was the Acme 15x11.5. The wake lacked push, perhaps it just needs more weight? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ieWMqezdkg

Are you using a suck gate?

If not, buy one and fill all the ballast. Adjust pitch and roll a bit from there.
    Last edited by JohnnieMo; 09-28-2019, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Need to get 7-8 degrees roll if listing. Fill the surfside full until overflowing and then plug the rear to prevent passive draining. Slow down a little to about 10.6 if listing. That boat is capable of a lot more even with stock ballast but some lead would help.

Comment

Originally posted by JCP View Post
        Need to get 7-8 degrees roll if listing. Fill the surfside full until overflowing and then plug the rear to prevent passive draining. Slow down a little to about 10.6 if listing. That boat is capable of a lot more even with stock ballast but some lead would help.
        What do you plug the rear with to prevent drainage?

Comment

Just a generic rubber bilge plug. Sorry but I don't remember the size.

Comment

Pretty sure it’s 1”

Comment

We battled a listing wave from ‘15 up until this year. We upgraded to bigger MLA sacs and 600 lbs of lead. With that we could get a good listed wave with 4 or 5 people in the boat. Any less than that and the wave was just ok.

This year we started using the mission delta and it is way better. We fill all bags and just surf. We move people to get between 3 to 6 degrees of roll and 8 to 10 degrees pitch. These numbers are while the boat is at surf speed. 11.2 to 11.4 mph.

We keep AVX around 2 or 3 and Taps around 3 and 4 depending on how someone likes the wave. The taps helps clean it up.

If we are light on people we just empty the off side rear to get our roll numbers. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Billy

Comment

DCF07463-96D1-450E-9E52-383A1A973CEC.jpg

Comment

47342D60-FE87-481D-AFE8-E5D26AFB1A61.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by BJM View Post
                    We battled a listing wave from ‘15 up until this year. We upgraded to bigger MLA sacs and 600 lbs of lead. With that we could get a good listed wave with 4 or 5 people in the boat. Any less than that and the wave was just ok.

This year we started using the mission delta and it is way better. We fill all bags and just surf. We move people to get between 3 to 6 degrees of roll and 8 to 10 degrees pitch. These numbers are while the boat is at surf speed. 11.2 to 11.4 mph.

We keep AVX around 2 or 3 and Taps around 3 and 4 depending on how someone likes the wave. The taps helps clean it up.

If we are light on people we just empty the off side rear to get our roll numbers. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Billy

That’s good info. What are the MLS sacs? Are they just for the rear, how much more weight do they hold. Your wave looks great from those pictures. We can barely go rope-less as we have it set up now

Comment

The MLA sacs are from Mike’s Liquid Audio. He does custom stereo and ballast stuff. He gets custom larger rear bags for most makes and models. He is on this site a bunch. His name is chepthrill or something like that. They add 250 to 350 lbs if I remember correctly.

I’d give the Mission Delta shaper a go with all ballast full as a starting point. Move people or drain offside to get your pitch and roll numbers. If you can tell a difference there, then start adding weight to get it even bigger/better.

Comment

Looks like Willard Bay. Always nice to have another Tige in the area.

Comment

I go 100% both fronts, 100% reg side (surf side) 30% non surf side.
                          Avx at anywhere between 4-8 depending on the riders preference. Also tap
                          Is left in auto mode.
                          We get a very good size wave with 4 people on board. I don’t worry about
                          Pitch and roll #s
                          When my lake drains at the end of season I notice my wave disappears dramatically
                          I do not use a wake shaper

Comment

Same boat

We started using a nauticurl last year with the AVX it’s hard to dial in because of our shallow lake.
                            We now basically fill all ballast and get more push with very little listing using the nauticurl.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                              Looks like Willard Bay. Always nice to have another Tige in the area.
                              Yes, it was at Willard, it’s closest to me so we go there the most. It was on Friday and great weather and not busy, which made it nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X