Towing with Tower Down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Towing with Tower Down?

I just ordered a 2020 R21 with the manual tower fold. Are these new towers made to allow for a down position tow?

Congrats on the new boat! First Tige?

Tow with the tower in the upright position. Towing with it down puts stress on the hinge point.

Comment

Yes. First Tige. Prior was a 2005 Mastercraft X10. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Welcome to the Tige Family. This forum is full of great people and great advice. Happy Boating!

Comment

I suppose if you built some sort of brace that went between the walkway floor and the folded tower that would relieve any stress making tower down towing doable.

Comment

Welcome !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
              I suppose if you built some sort of brace that went between the walkway floor and the folded tower that would relieve any stress making tower down towing doable.
              That's what they do when shipping from the factory to dealers.

Comment

Maybe hit your dealer up and see if they have one of those braces.

Comment

congrats and welcome

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB313 View Post
                    That's what they do when shipping from the factory to dealers.
                    I don't think they do anymore if I remember correctly the last R-series boat I unwrapped I think they used shrink wrap tape to the hand holds and the swim platform to secure it down. I know Monterey and a few other manufacturers with their manual folding towers use a stand. The older stuff like the Alpha Z tower they had aluminum brackets that got bolted in place to secure the tower.

Comment

Working...
                    X