Taps T3 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taps T3 upgrade

Does anyone know much about Taps T3? what are the biggest differences? would you be able to get e T3 system installed on a 2019? is the only difference the actual plates and their shape or is there more mechanical differences that would make it hard to upgrade to them?

Completely different actuators along with software to run the system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

GSA plates now, on the 2020 "GO" system, v's Tige's plates.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

It's becoming common for guys to swap over to the GSA plates and continue to use the TAPS3 actuators and control.

Comment

The plates are 1500 and you need to uninstall taps original plates and instal the gsa tabs.

I’d like to try it but the idea of drilling holes in my boat isn’t something I’m prepared to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve done my last few boats with gsa and it’s well worth the change trust me I spend tons of time fine tuning and dialing stuff in.
            surf till u die.

Comment

Originally posted by Surf406 View Post
              I’ve done my last few boats with gsa and it’s well worth the change trust me I spend tons of time fine tuning and dialing stuff in.
              @Surf406 - so you are using same actuators and TT2 system when you do this (ie changing plates only?)

I am thinking of doing this on my taps3 2018 R23 but have the smaller tt2 screen. I can dial in the wave fine and with big weight it's great once dialed, but because of the way ballast has to be set up now for goofy (lots more to surf side), it makes transfers not possible (dirty backside wave...).

im hoping with gsa plates i can weight the boat more evenly again to take advantage of the great surf hull and weight and full transfer capabilities. also, making wave less "sensitive" if that makes sense. would you say this plate swap to gsa-style accomplishes that?

tia
              cnote

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dm me and I’ll get you my phone number
                surf till u die.

Comment

I've been thinking of dong this also on my '18 R23. I've been told I can use the actuators from my taps3 however the mounting location of them would have to change meaning there would be fiberglass work involved and drilling new holes. Still trying to decide if it is worth it. Hummmmm??

Comment

Originally posted by Sublimer23 View Post
                    Still trying to decide if it is worth it.
                    It's worth it!

Comment

Instead of doing the fiberglass work, I built a cover plate the same shape as the actuator mount. I then sealed it and screwed it to the transom using the original screw holes. This made it possible to return to stock if I ever need to. I used polished SS, so it stands out against my black gel coat. I could have easily painted it black and no one would ever know it's there.

Comment

Originally posted by D&P Powell View Post
                        It's worth it!
                        I'm happy with the wave as it is. However hauling around 600 lbs lead in the rear makes the boat tow terrible. Bouncy and tail happy. It would be nice to have the same wave and not haul around that lead.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                          Instead of doing the fiberglass work, I built a cover plate the same shape as the actuator mount. I then sealed it and screwed it to the transom using the original screw holes. This made it possible to return to stock if I ever need to. I used polished SS, so it stands out against my black gel coat. I could have easily painted it black and no one would ever know it's there.
                          That's a great idea! Having the option to return to stock would be nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sublimer23 View Post
                            I'm happy with the wave as it is. However hauling around 600 lbs lead in the rear makes the boat tow terrible. Bouncy and tail happy. It would be nice to have the same wave and not haul around that lead.
                            Are you running aftermarket rectangle PnP sacs in the back locker?
                            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

was really hoping that i could just swap out the tabs at the hinge point, and hook them right up to the stock actuators. no need for any fiberglass anything. that would be too easy i guess lol

Comment

Working...
                              X