Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to change the paddle wheel, speedometer not working!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to change the paddle wheel, speedometer not working!!

So I've been searching around the last hour and can't find anything, I have a 2007 RZ2 and today the speedometer and Tige cruise stopped working, after pulling out of the water I noticed the paddle wheel doesn't spin freely. Is this an easy fix? Do you have to change the wheel from the inside of the boat or can it be done underneath? I found the replacement kit for 20 bucks but not sure how to go about changing it, any tips would be much appreciated, thanks!

You change it from the inside the boat. Have to loosen the retainer ring and pull out the insert.

Comment

Easy swap. Remove the rear pedestal on your boat (this will be the most difficult part). It will have a through bolt on each side and then at the front there is a carpet trim piece. It has a few screws in it. Then there is a few screws into the pedestal that goes into a block that mounts to the floor. Then the pedestal lifts out of the way.

The paddle wheel unplugs then you unscrew it from its holder in the hull of the boat. When you reinstall, be sure the arrow is rotated a degree or two towards starboard. That will help to make it more accurate. Also be sure it is screwed all of the way down.
      Oh Yeah!

Comment

Culrich77, this is easy... go to Germaine in American Fork... put down deposit on a 23ZX... problem solved, no more paddle wheel problems.
        Last edited by little_criket; 09-16-2019, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by little_criket View Post
          Culrich77, this is easy... go to Germaine in American Fork... put down deposit on a 23ZX... problem solved.
          Saw one at willard on saturday (maybe a 5). Had me tempted as well. Such a beautiful boat.

Comment

Originally posted by little_criket View Post
            Culrich77, this is easy... go to Germaine in American Fork... put down deposit on a 23ZX... problem solved.
            Hahahaha I wish!!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
              Easy swap. Remove the rear pedestal on your boat (this will be the most difficult part). It will have a through bolt on each side and then at the front there is a carpet trim piece. It has a few screws in it. Then there is a few screws into the pedestal that goes into a block that mounts to the floor. Then the pedestal lifts out of the way.

The paddle wheel unplugs then you unscrew it from its holder in the hull of the boat. When you reinstall, be sure the arrow is rotated a degree or two towards starboard. That will help to make it more accurate. Also be sure it is screwed all of the way down.
              Perfect thanks for the response!!

Comment

I would upgrade to GPS unless you are on river. http://www.nauticlaugic.com/yourboat.html
                Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Originally posted by Stingreye View Post
                  I would upgrade to GPS unless you are on river. http://www.nauticlaugic.com/yourboat.html
                  This is true. If your depth and water temp is good, the GPS route is an easier and less expensive install. And its more accurate. Excellent point Stingreye!
                  Oh Yeah!

Comment

I second the GPS. It was my first upgrade to my 05 22V and never regretted it. I did have a voltage issue to my dash and the guys at Nautic Laugic talked me through modification and been great ever since. Great company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Stingreye View Post
                      HHmmm I'll have to look into this, thanks for the tip!!

Comment

So, stupid new Tige boat owner question here. Bought a used 2008 Tige 22ve that is in good shape except the hoist the boat was on with the previous owner knocked the paddlewheel crooked and it doesn't spin. The speedo doesn't work and the cruise control doesn't work.

Is the cruise control tied to the speedo? I have searched everywhere and can't figure that out.

Also, when you say "rear pedestal", can anyone elaborate in what that is?

Thanks.

Comment

Rear pedastle refers to the middle piece of your backseat that is removable. Need to take it out to access the paddle wheel.

They sell paddle wheel kits to just replace the shaft and wheel.

Comment

how about if my paddlewheel works perfectly but i get no temperature reading on my faria gauge? are there different paddlewheel kits feature-wise?

Comment

Working...
                            X