tower rattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tower rattle

Cnote, did you ever get your tower fixed? I finally had an opportunity to lower my tower and look around and my starboard looks like yours and that is the side that rattles.....

Starboard side only has 1 what looks like a brass bushing.....and is off center

Starboard pic

Port side has metal bushing on both side and is perfectly centered.

Port pic

Edit: so if the port side has 2 bushings why does the starboard side only have 1, theres appears to be space for 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bamer; 04-19-2020, 02:23 AM.

Comment

@Bamer, honestly i forgot about this over the off season. I'll see if i can locate the same brass bushings once ive got her back on the water.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had a similar issue on my 2020 R23. Looks like we finally solved it. The slop/ play is actually in the back bushings that the fold/lock pin goes into, I am convinced the noise was coming from the front but it is a product of the pin being loose in the bushing allowing the tower to move up and down. Those bushings are oval shaped and possibly over machined causing excessive play. They are held in by 2 small allen screws. All we did was rotate the bushing sideways which allows zero up and down play. Makes it a bit tough to latch the tower down, I don't ever fold mine so this is not an issue for me. Hope this helps.

Comment

Did you do the change or ur dealer? Have a pic? Do you have 2 brass bushings on Both sides or is yours like mine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My dealer did it. Becks Boats. he did not take a pic. You might have your guys call him and he can explain what he did. my bushings look similar, and the symptoms were very similar.

Comment

Working...
            X