Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZX Taps3 location

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to upgrade this winter to a RZX. Can anyone tell me the difference with these 2 setups? Both are 2018? Why are the Actuators mounted in different locations?

Thanks in advance

2018 RZX 1.jpg
    2018 RZX 2.jpg
    Last edited by ZaneK; 09-10-2019, 09:31 PM.

The first picture is the original mounting location and was standard on all RZXs. The bottom picture is the updated position that is supposed to reduce the load placed on the actuator and extend its service life. Also, you will note that the update mount puts the tab up higher to get it out of the way more. If you buy a boat with the mounting in the original position, you dealer should update it under a recall (warranty work).

Comment

Thank you UNSTUCK. Solid info, I'm glad I asked.

Comment

Here are the mounting positions on my 2017 RZX3. If I understand correctly, these mounting locations need to be updated? I'm curious because I had both of my actuators replaced 2 months ago and just had another one fail last weekend. Thanks!

IMG_3262.jpg

Comment

I may be wrong but I know they made a switch mid 2018 to the more horizontally turned positions. Then just recently they moved the position of the update ones as they were having problems.

I see you’re from Alberta. I’ve got a 16 rzx3 with the new surf tabs if you’re interested in saving a bit and getting a much better wave.

Comment

Originally posted by miller View Post
            Here are the mounting positions on my 2017 RZX3. If I understand correctly, these mounting locations need to be updated? I'm curious because I had both of my actuators replaced 2 months ago and just had another one fail last weekend. Thanks!

[ATTACH]51599[/ATTACH]
            Looks like the left plate is not up all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The original setup on the RZX3 (the first picture) is the best setup. The second picture, the retro kit is only used on that style of setup. Otherwise keep the vertical. Lenco has changed their internals so many times this past two years. This is where most of the issues came from.
              Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post
                Looks like the left plate is not up all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                The one on the left is too long on an actuator. Its all the way compressed. I have seen dealers purchase their own actuators an get the wrong ones. They look the same but the hole spacing is 1/2" different from each other.
                Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                  I may be wrong but I know they made a switch mid 2018 to the more horizontally turned positions. Then just recently they moved the position of the update ones as they were having problems.

I see you’re from Alberta. I’ve got a 16 rzx3 with the new surf tabs if you’re interested in saving a bit and getting a much better wave.
                  I currently have a 2015 ASR (which i love the boat) I'm bouncing back and forth between doing the hull mod/taps3 with GSA plates or buying a newer boat. If i buy newer I want to go 2017+ and get the newer tech and tower.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                    If you buy a boat with the mounting in the original position, you dealer should update it under a recall (warranty work).
                    I spoke w/ my local dealer today and they said the recall warranty work is only applicable to '18 & '19 RZX3s and not '17 RZX3s.

Comment

Originally posted by miller View Post
                      I spoke w/ my local dealer today and they said the recall warranty work is only applicable to '18 & '19 RZX3s and not '17 RZX3s.
                      Correct. They are mounted vertically to the transom which is the best situation.
                      Oh Yeah!

Comment

My dealer offered to do the mod on my '17 while it was there last winter. I opted not to have it done as I was putting GSA style tabs on and moving the actuators anyways. I assumed it covered all TAPS3 tabs/actuators.

Comment

Working...
                        X