Bilge Pump Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bilge Pump Recommendation

Seems like most of my water is under the fuel tank. My boat is a 2008 RZ2. Where should I place or relocate the bilge pump? Also, what brand and model is best to use in the area? The rear pump is a Rule. I believe it's a 500gph.

Between the v-dive and fuel tank is a good spot. IMO, brand is not as important; Attwood, Rule, Johnson, etc. Pick one. If you run it parallel to the existing one, go with a 500 or 750 as they will likely use the same size hose. If you run it separate, id go with a 1000GPH.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

There are bilge pump designs that specifically drain down to a very low water level. I've seen the "Whale" brand pumps spec'd down to 1/8th inch of water. When I install a second bilge pump I'll be putting it right where Chpthril recommends and using one of these ultra-low water level pumps to maximize the amount of water that gets ejected.

Comment

I bought a Rule pump to put between the v drive and gas tank. Unfortunately I can’t fit it there due to factory sac pumps are in this location.

Seems like I have two choices and would like recommendations
        1. Buy one of the low profile pumps and put next to the V drive, but they have poor reviews. Any recommendations on a low profile pump?
        2. Buy a self priming pump and route the suction hose down between the sac pumps. If this is recommended, what is a good small pump?

Comment

Working...
        X