Labor Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labor Day

First off, happy Labor Day, TO gang. Second, I hope everyone is getting out on their boats, this weekend! If you are, be safe, there will be plenty of knuckleheads doing the same. What’s going down for one of the final weekends of the summer? Can’t believe how fast this summer screamed by. Hopefully it holds for awhile.

We’re at a lake house on Almanor in California. Going out today, and we’ll be on the water until late Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We will be on Travis Sunday morning. Other wise avoiding the drunks! We are only half way through summer here so no rush

Be safe everyone. And for you wakeboarders: do a trick!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We will be on Table Rock Lake, Missouri if any members are going to be out this weekend.

Comment

North end of Lake Mead. Leaving tomorrow for the weekend.

Comment

Labor Day Weekend in Florida!!

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8
          Last edited by Ironrequiem; 08-30-2019, 11:22 PM.

Comment

At the Lake House and there are three (3) holidays we sit and watch, yes you know all three of them, we let the ones that have no business on the lakes wreak their boats and get tickets.

Comment

Hope everyone had a safe holiday out there. I wasn’t out there. I barely left the house. I’m not into holiday weekends.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I should have stayed home. Had to break up a fight in the living room of our lake rental, and the boat went back into limp mode, at the furthest point from our truck possible on a big lake, and got to cross it at 5mph in the afternoon chop.. always something!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zackdogg View Post
                  I should have stayed home. Had to break up a fight in the living room of our lake rental, and the boat went back into limp mode, at the furthest point from our truck possible on a big lake, and got to cross it at 5mph in the afternoon chop.. always something!!

Almanor gets nasty in the afternoons. We used to stay in a place on the east shore and we'd have to pull the boat out every afternoon. Otherwise it would just get beat to hell on the dock. A friend of mine (now has a 21v) had his Sanger go down in one of those quickie storms while out on a buoy in the middle of the night. Came out the next morning and about 6” of the bow was the only thing above water.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

2iBIiscvQcOmQsAyC91x0Q.jpgtNce9Bi6TFOl97r5Tn83fw.jpgnhPmoFhnR+GmrzqQ2dVSlw.jpg
                    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

boatwakes,
                      we were on the other side of that dam friday/saturday. really want to do the mojave trip up but haven't found the time yet. maybe october....
                      group of bachelors that paid me to haul them around friday:

and time on the water saturday with family. gf out for her second run of the year and riding ropeless after getting used to the wave with the suckgate we are trying out from D&P
                      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

So jealous of you guys with access to Mead. I've been a few times but always have to rent, not going to trailer from TN!

We went out Friday and Saturday to our local little lake. I was expecting a crowd but we probably saw 20 boats on both days combined it was awesome!

I was surfing along when the whole boat started yelling at me to not fall. Of course I had to look up and see why not.
                        There was a 5' rattlesnake swimming across the lake surface.
                        To no ones surprise I freaked a bit and lost it.
                        I've never swam that fast in my life!

Comment

Boatwakes, that trip up the river is one of my favorites!!! Water sure is refreshing in that heat.

BBB09429-97A1-41E1-8E13-8EE44CB2EA99.jpg

Comment

The trip was epic and totally unplanned. We launched at cottonwood as per usual and surfed up to black rock canyon. I asked the kids if they wanted ice cream at willow so we rallied up to the marina. Come to find out, Saturday August 31st 2019 (the day we were there) was the last day any vessel with greater than 65HP can travel north of Willow Beach, i.e. up to the dam. I hadn't made the trip in nearly 20 years and it was totally worth every minute. We put nearly 100 miles on the boat that day AND helped some people in a Chapparell who blew up their outdrive. Because boats.
                            Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                              Almanor gets nasty in the afternoons. We used to stay in a place on the east shore and we'd have to pull the boat out every afternoon. Otherwise it would just get beat to hell on the dock. A friend of mine (now has a 21v) had his Sanger go down in one of those quickie storms while out on a buoy in the middle of the night. Came out the next morning and about 6” of the bow was the only thing above water.
                              That sucks!!! That’s where we stayed, and heard a couple of stories about boats sinking on buoys and docks there. We left ours on the buoy and it was fine, but our hull is pretty deep, and the wind was never horrendous, just enough to make it suck to be on the water.. reminds me a bunch of a smaller version of tahoe.. I probably wouldn’t spend another weekend up there.. the water was never even glass when it was flat, always had, at minimum a little ripple on it..

Comment

Working...
                              X