Tige 24ve taps issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige 24ve taps issue

I’m having trouble figuring out what’s wrong with my taps system. It will sit at 7 for wake boarding but when i want to put it down to one, it goes down but slowly creeps back to 7 when I release the switch. Anyone have any ideas as to why it’s doing this?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it have the hydraulic Bennett pump or is it electric actuators on your boat?

Comment

His would be bennett.

Sounds like the solenoid is bad. I say that because going to 7 (actuator going up) is because of the internal spring in the actuator. When you let off the button the pressure is bleeding out so the actuator is going back up. Does it go back to 7 really quick or does it take a minute?

If it goes fast, listen for the pump running. If the pump is running after you let off the button, its a relay or wiring issue.
      Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
        His would be bennett.

Sounds like the solenoid is bad. I say that because going to 7 (actuator going up) is because of the internal spring in the actuator. When you let off the button the pressure is bleeding out so the actuator is going back up. Does it go back to 7 really quick or does it take a minute?

If it goes fast, listen for the pump running. If the pump is running after you let off the button, its a relay or wiring issue.

That would be my thought as well.

Another question, does it go back up if you're sitting at idle or only underway?

Comment

It goes back to one in about 15 seconds no matter if I’m at idle or at full speed

Comment

J do you know if they have an auto retract spring? I can't remember.

Either way It sounds like the solenoid.

Here's the solenoid: https://www.westmarine.com/buy/benne...re--P000122764
            And here's the instructions: https://bennetttrimtabs.com/wp-conte...enoidValve.pdf
            5 minute swap.

Comment

219-V351HPU1__99742.1407550386.500.750.jpg you can see the solenoids in this photo. Just unscrew and replace.

Comment

I've got a question concerning the TAPS 3 plates on my 2017 RXZ 3. If I have the key turned on to accessories with the clear view screen on but the engine off should I be able to adjust the side trim plates? I was curious as to how much each number up increased the pitch of the TAPS 3 plates but when I pushed the button on the remote nothing happened. When I click the center taps plate button on the throttle lever the center plate goes up and down but I can't get the side plates to move. Any ideas or help is appreciated

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the info! I will give that a try

Comment

Originally posted by matt350 View Post
                    I've got a question concerning the TAPS 3 plates on my 2017 RXZ 3. If I have the key turned on to accessories with the clear view screen on but the engine off should I be able to adjust the side trim plates? I was curious as to how much each number up increased the pitch of the TAPS 3 plates but when I pushed the button on the remote nothing happened. When I click the center taps plate button on the throttle lever the center plate goes up and down but I can't get the side plates to move. Any ideas or help is appreciated
                    You need to go into the "settings" screen and enter the dealer section. Has an icon of a lock. A key pad pops up. Enter 9191. Then you have a screen with more options. Look for the one that says something like surf demo or surf tabs. Not dealer demo. Once on that screen you need to make sure is says something like speed < surf or something like that. Might be >. Then in the middle of the screen there is an up and down arrow to go through each surf setting number. On the right side of the screen you can switch between left and right surf tab. I know this isn't very clear. Just trying to do this off of memory. You'll figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                      You need to go into the "settings" screen and enter the dealer section. Has an icon of a lock. A key pad pops up. Enter 9191. Then you have a screen with more options. Look for the one that says something like surf demo or surf tabs. Not dealer demo. Once on that screen you need to make sure is says something like speed < surf or something like that. Might be >. Then in the middle of the screen there is an up and down arrow to go through each surf setting number. On the right side of the screen you can switch between left and right surf tab. I know this isn't very clear. Just trying to do this off of memory. You'll figure it out.
                      I believe must use surf=

Comment

Right on thanks guys I'll give it a go

Comment

2010 Z1 Taps2 Issue

Hey not to hijack this thread but i was messing with the boat the other day and this may not have anythig to do with my problem but i clicked on the taps calibration and didnt know how to click back so i just held it up for a while and then held it down for a while and ever since then my taps wont work. I got the boat out of the water and its getting stuck at all the way down position so I pushed with my hand and it will go up but it kind of snaps up real hard. Also noticed that when i go to 20 mph or so the taps plate goes up on its own. I think i need an actuator but its just weird that it started doing it right after i went into the calibration so it makes me think it has something to do with it maybe i went passed normal limits im not sure.
                          Thanks so much for any help guys.

Comment

Originally posted by erikh5014 View Post
                            2010 Z1 Taps2 Issue

Hey not to hijack this thread but i was messing with the boat the other day and this may not have anythig to do with my problem but i clicked on the taps calibration and didnt know how to click back so i just held it up for a while and then held it down for a while and ever since then my taps wont work. I got the boat out of the water and its getting stuck at all the way down position so I pushed with my hand and it will go up but it kind of snaps up real hard. Also noticed that when i go to 20 mph or so the taps plate goes up on its own. I think i need an actuator but its just weird that it started doing it right after i went into the calibration so it makes me think it has something to do with it maybe i went passed normal limits im not sure.
                            Thanks so much for any help guys.
                            Check your fluid level. If its good, I would swap the actuator. Sounds like it is bleeding by internally. With it locking and snapping upward, that tells me something is damaged inside the actuator as well.
                            Oh Yeah!

Comment

Yeah i may have to do that. Is there a reservoir for the fluid lol? Its def messed up and it bothers me cause summer is almost over and i cant run the boat over 20 cause once the plate pushes up the boat porpoises bad. I think its my fault for messing with the calibration. Is there a manual to calibrate not sure how to do it properly.

Comment

Working...
                              X