Tower Speakers Stopped Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tower Speakers Stopped Working

I've had issues for a long time with the starboard side tower speakers cutting in and out. Usually when this happens I get under the helm and twist the RCA connection coming out of the Clear screen. Last Saturday I noticed an unusually loud hiss/static coming from these speakers when I muted the music. I always have static, but it was much louder this time. I got under the helm last night to do the normal twist of the connections and retaped with electrical tape. After doing this I noticed all four tower speakers weren't working at all, but was still getting the normal hiss/static. I did not test them before adjusting the RCA connection, and I never touched the port side connection. I verified that the tower speakers were not muted. I turned the Clear off and on a couple times. I messed with the RCA's going into the amp. Even pulled them and installed them into the other amp. The speakers associated with those inputs did not work. I then removed the starboard tower RCA at the Clear and installed it in to the port aft RCA cable. I didn't get any sound out of those aft inboat speakers. That tells me the Clear is not sending the signal for the tower speakers.

Anyone ever have this issue? What was done to correct it?

Thanks.

If the suspect zone volume and main volume is turned up, and you have swapped known working chnl/zone RCA over to the suspect chnl/zone and those previously working speakers now do not play, this points to the source unit.

Conversely, take the RCA from the suspect chnl/zone and plug them into a known working chnl/zone and the previously nonworking speakers should play. This clears everything down stream.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

When I had this problem I simply rewired the speakers and they worked again.

Jerry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ajramos05 View Post
        When I had this problem I simply rewired the speakers and they worked again.

Jerry

Can you elaborate on what exactly you found, that required a rewire?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I ordered a 3.5mm to rca cable so I can send signal from my phone to the tower amp. Also female to female adapter so I can plug right in to the tower rca cables. I think I’ve already confirmed the problem but this will help verify it. Ran the boat all afternoon yesterday with no tower music.

Still getting the static/hiss sound out of all the speakers. Would sure like to get rid of that.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
            I ordered a 3.5mm to rca cable so I can send signal from my phone to the tower amp. Also female to female adapter so I can plug right in to the tower rca cables. I think I’ve already confirmed the problem but this will help verify it. Ran the boat all afternoon yesterday with no tower music.

Still getting the static/hiss sound out of all the speakers. Would sure like to get rid of that.
            Why not swap a known good /working inboat rca into the tower. If tower works, then you know it’s a source issue.

Comment

Have your dealer check and see if the amps have been replaced per the TSB.

Comment

Working...
              X