2018 RZX3 Surf Wave how to adjust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 RZX3 Surf Wave how to adjust

I have a 2018 RZX3 with the PNP I think the 650 bags but might be the 750 bags. The wave is awesome we usually surf with the following settings. Front 100%, regular side rear 100%, goofy rear between 70 and 75%, Taps at 4 or 5, Taps 3 at 4 or 5. Speed between 11.5 and 12 usually. Upgraded surf tab position.

The wave is very long but very steep. With push all the way through the wave.

Rode behind a 2019 Malibu 25 LSV tonight. Was very impressed with the wave, super clean but lip a little mushy. I was pulling bottom turns outside of the boat by several feet and still getting back into the pocket. I think this was because when you come down the face you don't have to worry about burying the nose of the board. we ride a Soulcraft Honu 19 4'8", absolutely love the board its a rocket ship.

Not overly impressed with the rest of the boat, but the wave was definitely on par with my Tige'

How would I change my setup to knock down a little height and make the wave have more ramp (Not so steep). I am thinking I may need more bow weight, or not load the rears as much. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

My bro has the same boat and runs 500 pounds of lead in the front to lengthen the wave!

Comment

I have great length. Very clean 20 ft back. Its just really steep in the pocket. I am going to play with it today to see if I can make it more mellow in the pocket.

Comment

I run 150 in the bow, and only have 560's in the rear. If you take your center Taps to a smaller number, it will mellow out the wave, from all aspects.
        -Brandon Lucas
        Houston, Tx

Comment

I have an RZX, and have spent over 200 hours in the last year and a half messing with the wave, and have talked to some guys on here with the same boats, lots of time tweaking their waves, and everyone I’ve talked to is pretty well along the same line of thinking.. A couple of things, maybe none of which you’re going to want to hear..

You definitely need bow weight, you need to sink these boats beyond partially full ballast to hit their potential. Add bow weight. I don’t run PnP because I have some conflict with power and elevation where I’m at. We run 100% ballast, all corners, 500#-700# lead in the bow, another 500#-700# lead in the surf locker on the rider side, and whatever is left of our 1500# lead midship.

Riding faster will lengthen that wave out. I ride 12.4, I drive with a lot of people around 12. Some of the lighter girls and kids like a little slower, so maybe 11.8, or so, for them.

Using the center plate to lower your bow, only forces the *** of the boat out of the water.. You want to sink the front, not raise the back..

The RZX regular wave is kind pathetic compared to the goofy wave. You can get height, but it takes more effort to lengthen.. Luckily I ride goofy, so it doesn’t affect me as bad, but I’d have to admit I would be a little bummed to have to ride the regular side behind my boat. Dang prop spin. You need as much weight as you can manage on the port side..

I’m switching to GSA plates this winter, it’s supposed to make some of these issues quite a bit better, especially that regular wave. Probably why Tige did it with the new boats..

We’re seeing a bunch of people having a harder time dialing their waves in with that actuator location switch, there was a thread last weekend from a guy, and there’s a thread link in that thread with even more.

One thing that helps a bunch is knowing your bow rise and lean. You want to be somewhere around 9° bow high, and somewhere between 4°-6° leaned to your rider side. If you check those, it may help you determine what you need to do to make changes..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks for the feed back. I guess I was not clear on my wave. I have my wave dialed very well, 200 hours on the boat, we surf between 11.8 and 12.2. Boat has the 560 PNP bags, Bow at 100%, Surf Side 100%, Non Surf Side usually I drain it down too somewhere between 70 and 80%. The wave is really nice, the only complaint is, I would like to be able to figure out a way to reduce the steepness of the wave in the pocket, if that is possible. If the wave in the pocket had more of a ramp you cold use it to generate speed for a bottom turn without working about burying the nose of the board. I do understand that this would reduce the firmness of the wave. My season is coming to a close after labor day this year, SO not sure how much more time I am going to have to play with it. I am thinking of adding some lead in the bow, to see how it effects the wave.

Comment

Originally posted by Monesty View Post
              Thanks for the feed back. I guess I was not clear on my wave. I have my wave dialed very well, 200 hours on the boat, we surf between 11.8 and 12.2. Boat has the 560 PNP bags, Bow at 100%, Surf Side 100%, Non Surf Side usually I drain it down too somewhere between 70 and 80%. The wave is really nice, the only complaint is, I would like to be able to figure out a way to reduce the steepness of the wave in the pocket, if that is possible. If the wave in the pocket had more of a ramp you cold use it to generate speed for a bottom turn without working about burying the nose of the board. I do understand that this would reduce the firmness of the wave. My season is coming to a close after labor day this year, SO not sure how much more time I am going to have to play with it. I am thinking of adding some lead in the bow, to see how it effects the wave.
              I’m with you. It’s is really easy to make a steep, tall, wave with the RZX, for sure.. it’s a lot harder to lengthen it out. And the regular side is even harder to lengthen than goofy. As far as I can tell, more speed, and more bow weight are your 2 options for making this happen. The guys that are running GSA are getting a longer wave. Part of the reason I’ll switch to that system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Monesty View Post
                From experience, add some more to offside rear to flatten out the face. Adding bow weight will increase the "curl". Try slowing down a hair too, to decrease the steepness. I have found 150 lbs to be perfect in the nose.
                -Brandon Lucas
                Houston, Tx

Comment

Run less rear ballast. Then try less front.

I have RZX2 and I can run it full 100 percent and I have 500 of lead.

I run 200 in the noise and 300 mid ship half way mark.

What others are saying about getting the boat sunk more does improve the wave.

Personally I like surf style with a bigger steeper wave because the board is more capable of taking the steep and is ridden aggressive.

I also like skim and skim on a super steep wave blows! Hard to spin and it’s just awful when the noise digs on and you crash. I run less rear ballast like 50% sometimes less.

My kid surfs at this setting and well the wave loses a bit of push it’s still really good and it’s a smooth transition.

If the wave blows just add weight.

Taps surf at 5 (you can mess with this works fine 4 to 8 or 9 with less weight.

Taps 2 at 5 to 7. I find if you go 4 the wave will be ok but anything lower equals mush

Good luck playing with it. Watch out for the guys that just say add a **** load of weight. It’s not needed at a certain point in my opinion as I’m just looking for a fun decent wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

More bow weight and sometimes less is better in the rear so it’s not so steep. Simple as that.

Comment

Thank you for sharing this information. I read about your production. most of the machinery production being in Germany. I am a seller of locomotive's spare parts. you can click on given below link and read more information about it. http://indogermanind.com

Comment

Originally posted by indogerman77 View Post
                        Thank you for sharing this information. I read about your production. most of the machinery production being in Germany. I am a seller of locomotive's spare parts. you can click on given below link and read more information about it. http://indogermanind.com

Comment

Working...
                        X