2015 ASR won't go above 3100 RPMS when loaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ynot View Post
    You are certainly more ambitious than me with that. I wouldn't know where to start withbtryong to switch the gears

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I’ll do a write up if I can figure this out. I’m on the fence every day whether to sell my boat, or do the couple of things to make it perfect for me.. I usually land on make mine right, mostly because the thought of shopping and buying another boat drives me insane. Dropping a $100k on something that disappoints you is a real moth**f***er..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
      Zach you know I have the same gear ratio as you and run the 16”.
      I know brotha! And I wouldn’t even know that I could run a 16” wheel, if it wasn’t for you. If I was at sea level, I’d already be all over it. I just don’t know how to compensate for that elevation difference.

I’m really hoping to get this gear thing worked out, one way, or another.. then I’ll have to buy a new prop, anyways, and it will be a 16”.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post
        I figure a rough estimate to find equivalent pitch for different diameters is to calculate the surface area of a circle for both diameters, then divide one diameter by the other and now you have a ratio. Scale the pitch by that ratio. I did this when swapping my props and it came out real close to the rpm I calculated. 15-16 is about 13% more surface area, so scale pitch down by 13%. If your current prop is 12 pitch, then go to a 12*(1-.13)=10.44. Compare this estimate against the pros n let me know of it comes out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Guess they’ll be building me a custom prop then, because I’d need a 16”x9”.. I wonder if I can get the 1.75 gearing if that works by adding that 16% power increase, to the prop, back on. That would put me at a 10.5”-11” pitch on a 16” prop..

If I could ever track this Jim at Acme down, I could ask some of these questions!! I need to call him in the winter, when it’s a little quieter for them, I’m sure..

Comment

Originally posted by Zackdogg View Post
          Guess they’ll be building me a custom prop then, because I’d need a 16”x9”.. I wonder if I can get the 1.75 gearing if that works by adding that 16% power increase, to the prop, back on. That would put me at a 10.5”-11” pitch on a 16” prop..

If I could ever track this Jim at Acme down, I could ask some of these questions!! I need to call him in the winter, when it’s a little quieter for them, I’m sure..

Call nettles props in Austin Texas. Super nice n knowledgeable.

Comment

Totally agree that dropping a bunch of money on a boat and not getting the performance you expect is a big bummer. I really appreciate your info - you guys -obviously have more experience with this than I do

Comment

So I went out this weekend, after the dealer had my boat for 3 weeks, loaded it up to surf, and had issues getting up to speed, at 4200’ where we’re usually fine. Then it was fine later that night, I couldn’t figure it out. I assumed the dealer screwed something up. It hit me last night, it was 106° outside, where we’re usually in the high 90s. I think that extra 10° was enough to rob enough power from me that we couldn’t move all of our weight.

Comment

So I went out this weekend, after the dealer had my boat for 3 weeks, loaded it up to surf, and had issues getting up to speed, at 4200’ where we’re usually fine. Then it was fine later that night, I couldn’t figure it out. I assumed the dealer screwed something up. It hit me last night, it was 106° outside, where we’re usually in the high 90s. I think that extra 10° was enough to rob enough power from me that we couldn’t move all of our weight.

106 at 4200ft? Ouch.

Comment

106 at 4200ft? Ouch.

Tell me about it!! A buddy of mine is a dirtbike mechanic for some X Games riders. He has some kind of meter that he uses to set air/fuel mixture based off all those factors, which determines elevation off elevation, heat, particulate matter in the air, and whatever else. He had us over 7000’, at the same 4200’, one day last summer.

Comment

Tell me about it!! A buddy of mine is a dirtbike mechanic for some X Games riders. He has some kind of meter that he uses to set air/fuel mixture based off all those factors, which determines elevation off elevation, heat, particulate matter in the air, and whatever else. He had us over 7000’, at the same 4200’, one day last summer.

Does your boat perform like other RZXs at lower elevations? I guess I’m asking are you sure you are just fighting an elevation issue?

Comment

Does your boat perform like other RZXs at lower elevations? I guess I’m asking are you sure you are just fighting an elevation issue?

I don’t know, I don’t have another RZX to compare to.. I have several buddies with G23s, who outperform me every day of the week, but they were smart enough to buy the supercharged motors, where I wasn’t. Nautique was running a 2:1 drive 3 years before Tige, which I think Nautique got right and Tige got wrong. I run as low as sea level, and I’m still not impressed by the performance, although it’s far better. My contention is Tige absolutely dropped the ball by having that heavy of a boat, with a 1.5:1 drive. Lots of people say I’m wrong, but the only real proof I need is that they switched to a 2:1 drive, for a reason, it’s pretty obvious to me.

My dealer has looked at my motor a couple of times to make sure everything is right, and supposedly it is. That’s about all I have to go off of..

Comment

Working...
                      X