Auto bilge stopped working but manual does

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto bilge stopped working but manual does

My auto bilge stopped working. Do I need to just replace the float or both the pump and float?

It should be a 3-wire with integrated float or water sensor. Likely not serviceable separately. I would first find and check the auto circuit fuse. It should an inline fuse just off the battery an a brown wire about 16ga.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I just had this same thing happen recently out at Lake Havasu. elevatedconcepts walked me through it over the phone. chpthril is correct above. I had to replace the inline fuse just off the battery - a brown wire. Word to the wise though, my boat is the same year and model as yours (2015 Z3); I was looking all over for a brown wire coming off the battery with no luck. I climbed in the locker, put my head in the battery opening, and noticed the brown wire tucked up higher. Couldnt see it without getting down there because the %^$*ing thing was tucked into a black plastic tubing the closer it got to the battery. To quote Tommy Boy - "geez, I'm such an idiot".

Comment

Awesome thanks for the heads up. I’ll check it now!

Comment

Originally posted by D&P Powell View Post
          I just had this same thing happen recently out at Lake Havasu. elevatedconcepts walked me through it over the phone. chpthril is correct above. I had to replace the inline fuse just off the battery - a brown wire. Word to the wise though, my boat is the same year and model as yours (2015 Z3); I was looking all over for a brown wire coming off the battery with no luck. I climbed in the locker, put my head in the battery opening, and noticed the brown wire tucked up higher. Couldnt see it without getting down there because the %^$*ing thing was tucked into a black plastic tubing the closer it got to the battery. To quote Tommy Boy - "geez, I'm such an idiot".
          Good info. Was the brown wire ultimately connected to the battery or to a remote stud/BUS bar. Electrically its the same, but physically its different and might help other find it faster.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            Was the brown wire ultimately connected to the battery or to a remote stud/BUS bar. Electrically its the same, but physically its different and might help other find it faster.
            Mine was ultimately connected to the battery, but I was looking for the dang brown wire, and didnt think to pull the black plastic tubing to see what color the wire was inside. Seriously felt like such an idiot Mike. Oh well, lesson learned.

Comment

Seriously felt like such an idiot Mike.
              those knockoff iphones will do that to ya.... radio waves melting the brain cells.
              2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
              2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

The brown wire was in a loom coming off my battery. Fuse was zip tied up high just like y’all said. It was brown at the fuse and running to the pump un covered.

It was a 5amp. Mine was blown. Should be good to go now.

Thanks for the help and quick replies. That is what makes this forum so great!!!!

Billy

Comment

Wonder why these fuses are blowing. That little fuse could be the difference between your boat floating and sitting on the bottom of the lake.

Comment

It is reassuring to know the manual bilge still worked but you are correct. The auto bilge not working could be very bad (ie tied up to a dock over night).

I do wish there was an auto bilge light that comes on when the auto is activated. I’ve had ballast fittings come lose or break before.

Comment

Just run a small hose from the through hole to the back of the driver seat. If the bilge start pumping water, you'll know.

Comment

Does the bilge symbol not illuminate when the auto bilge comes on? This would be like coding-101

Comment

The bilge hose to the driver seat would be nice this time of year in TX. In November while we are still surfing it might not be so great.

To get to the manual bilge switch, you have to hit the switching button. This gives you access to the bilge and blower on off buttons. I never leave that screen up so I do not know if it lights up or not. I’ll check tomorrow.

From day one with the boat I wished it had a manual switch that illuminated that was separate from the Tige touch. I know it could be done easily, but I’m limited to connecting same color wires together and replacing fuses.

Comment

Dave.... I might be reaching out to you sometime next week.... i don't think mine is working either.

Comment

Originally posted by ipm983 View Post
                              Dave.... I might be reaching out to you sometime next week.... i don't think mine is working either.
                              I like Corona and Shock Top!

Comment

Working...
                              X