Breaker panel? 2015 Z1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaker panel? 2015 Z1

Okay I guess this is a stupid question but I'm stuck. I can't seem to get any accessories to function unless the boat is running. I assume this shouldn't need to be the case and that the breaker panel switch is off? The batteries are on and the boat will start but the accessories (stereo, tige touch) only function when the boat is running.
    I can't for the life of me find the breaker switch, the boat is new to me and came with no manuals and the only pdfs I found show a panel that I can't find in the boat.

Any help guys? Am I mistaken that accessories can only run when the boat is running? Did they phase out the breaker box and switch so I'm looking for something that doesn't exist?
    Attached Files

So when your battery switch is on, when you push the silver button to the right of your key switch does that not power up your systems with the key off?
    That should power your TT screen and allow function of your systems.

Comment

Sounds like a dead house bank. id break out the volt meter and check both batteries.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

No, pressing the power button next to the key does nothing, tt won't turn on. I can see the horn light dimmer turn on but that's it.
        It turns over just fine which I find odd if the batteries were on the way out no?

Did tige get rid of the breaker switch board for z1/2015? I believe I have the most relevant pdf which references this panel but I can't find it

Comment

Cranking battery cranks engine, hose battery runs everything else. Engine running = alternator charge is powering the house loads.

If they work with engine running, youve proven its not fuses and breakers.

A dead battery is just a battery thats not fully charged. May not be bad, or on its way, it may just not be charged due to another failure. Id start with checking the voltage on both batteries.
          Last edited by chpthril; 08-19-2019, 12:18 AM.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

You are probably right, we fake laked for about 15 mins and then found the accessories worked... For a while... Then the stereo died and the system powered down..

Time to take the beer bottles in and pony up for new batteries all around.

Thanks again for the quick response @chpthril, you are boon to this community and I appreciate everyone's insight

Comment

Not sure if you have a tickle charger for your batteries or not, but if you don't I would highly suggest it, and plug it in every time you hit the dock.

Comment

Time for this. Plug in every time after a day on the lake and all winter long.
                You probably only need a 2 Bank system.

Battery Bank.jpg
                Last edited by NHarp1; 08-20-2019, 01:52 PM.
                Nick
                Dayton, Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by NHarp1 View Post
                  Time for this. Plug in every time after a day on the lake and all winter long.
                  You probably only need a 2 Bank system.

[ATTACH]51466[/ATTACH]
                  I'll add it to the list, thanks. I have a UTV (and corresponding battery) that would benefit from the 3bank kit.
                  Took the batteries out and they look like the originals from 2015. Not surprising that perhaps at least the house battery is starting to show it's age, original owner of the Z1 likely didn't put much effort into keeping the batteries charged properly.

Comment

Working...
                  X