New trim tabs and repositioning of Lenco actuators on 2016 RZX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New trim tabs and repositioning of Lenco actuators on 2016 RZX

I was told by Tige that they had a fix that greatly reduced the failures of the Lenco actuators on my 2016 RZX. I had five actuators that failed on my boat and was very interested in the fix. The fix consisted of replacing the surf trim tabs (the outer 2 trim tabs) and repositioning the Lenco actuators. This fix was covered under warranty so I had it done. Before I had the work done the boat produced a wicked wave on both sides and I had no complaints except for having to Bring boat in to have the Lenco actuators changed. After the change the wave is non existent on both sides. Has anyone else had this work done and if so can they send me pictures of the work done. Like a picture of the tabs and actuators for the back of the boat.
    The dealership where I had the work done has been great to work with and are saying to bring boat back into the shop. But before I take it back into shop I want to solicit other RZX owners that have had this done to their boats to become more informed. So please if you have had this done to your boat send pictures and post back if your happy with your wave now.

This is a pretty common topic on here. Lenco failures and replacements are standard procedure. Last year they changed the mounting location of the actuator as I guess that was supposed to help alleviate failures. I’m not sure why they would replace the tabs themselves as they haven’t had issues that I’m aware of.
    I’d start off by going into the dealer demo mode where you can run the surf system with the boat on your trailer and see if the tabs are functioning properly.

Comment

My R23 had the updated plate position done and new brackets. There’s a chance the dealer installed the brackets backwards. On my boat, the dealer had the top brackets rotated 180 wrong direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hadn’t even heard this about the RZX, unless I just forgot. I knew there was a fix for the r and z series, but thought maybe those were the only ones. There was a thread, maybe 6 weeks back where there were a bunch of guys that were saying their waves were jacked up after the fix. Someone said if a bracket was installed upside down, the wave would be all wash, I think. I can’t remember all the details, if I knew it would affect RZXs, I may have paid closer attention..

I’m guessing the original mounting position is ideal for producing a wave, and the new location is more about not having to replace the POS Lencos.

I’m with Unstuck, first order of business would be checking everything in dealer mode.

I’d also go back and read that thread about the guys with the other boats, there may have been some other solutions.

Did you try running through all your surf tab settings, maybe it’s just different numbers from before?

How are your bow rise and lean numbers, when you’re trying to surf? Is your wave just washing out and not forming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Zackdogg View Post
          I hadn’t even heard this about the RZX, unless I just forgot. I knew there was a fix for the r and z series, but thought maybe those were the only ones. There was a thread, maybe 6 weeks back where there were a bunch of guys that were saying their waves were jacked up after the fix. Someone said if a bracket was installed upside down, the wave would be all wash, I think. I can’t remember all the details, if I knew it would affect RZXs, I may have paid closer attention..

I’m guessing the original mounting position is ideal for producing a wave, and the new location is more about not having to replace the POS Lencos.

I’m with Unstuck, first order of business would be checking everything in dealer mode.

I’d also go back and read that thread about the guys with the other boats, there may have been some other solutions.

Did you try running through all your surf tab settings, maybe it’s just different numbers from before?

How are your bow rise and lean numbers, when you’re trying to surf? Is your wave just washing out and not forming?

I was one of the guys who experienced it first hand. [emoji2361]

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post
            I was one of the guys who experienced it first hand. [emoji2361]

I am jealous of that new surf system, for sure. I feel like if someone developed a replacement actuator for those, they’d sell a whole bunch!

Did you ever get yours figured out?

Comment

Originally posted by Zackdogg View Post
              I am jealous of that new surf system, for sure. I feel like if someone developed a replacement actuator for those, they’d sell a whole bunch!

Did you ever get yours figured out?

Yes, brackets fixed + 900lbs lead in the back + 3k ballast =great wave. Add 1500lbs of people one weekend and the wave was complete awesomeness!!!

Comment

Here’s cnotes thread that talks about bracket position and correct rotations for R23

18 R23 surf setup changes...what happened?
                https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...2&share_type=t

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post
                  Yes, brackets fixed + 900lbs lead in the back + 3k ballast =great wave. Add 1500lbs of people one weekend and the wave was complete awesomeness!!!

That’s good to hear, nothing like a “fix”, ruining your wave!!

Comment

through some research of my own I figured out the problem. I was working with the dealership and Justin at Tige Inc in Abilene and they had me try different things like run a computer update and none of it worked. I still had no wave at all on either side. So I went and looked at a RZX in the dealership parking lot and got the model number off the lenco actuator. The lenco model number on my RZX was different so I called the lenco company and was told that the actuators I had on mine were 1/2 longer from hole to hole in the stoled position. So I called Justin and he sent me new actuators the next day which I installed and it fixed the problem.. I am happy to report that I now have great waves on both sides like I did before the changes were made. The dealership had done several boats this way and all were having the same problem. The dealership has recalled those boats to make the changes to the right sized actuators.

Comment

Kind of curious, how does Tige release these updates to the dealers? Are they done via a bulletin with detailed work instructions that are peer reviewed internally before sending out or via email/phone/word of mouth?

Comment

Originally posted by Berrymad View Post
                        through some research of my own I figured out the problem. I was working with the dealership and Justin at Tige Inc in Abilene and they had me try different things like run a computer update and none of it worked. I still had no wave at all on either side. So I went and looked at a RZX in the dealership parking lot and got the model number off the lenco actuator. The lenco model number on my RZX was different so I called the lenco company and was told that the actuators I had on mine were 1/2 longer from hole to hole in the stoled position. So I called Justin and he sent me new actuators the next day which I installed and it fixed the problem.. I am happy to report that I now have great waves on both sides like I did before the changes were made. The dealership had done several boats this way and all were having the same problem. The dealership has recalled those boats to make the changes to the right sized actuators.
                        Glad you got your wave back!

Comment

Working...
                        X