Tige Speedset issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige Speedset issues

Hey guys, 2007 20v with marine power engine. Last year the decrease speed button stopped working. A pain but manageable.

This past week the speedset stops working after reaching speed once. Example. Set speed to 18 for son skiing, get to 18, it sets fine. He falls, I go back and pick him up, pull him again, soeedset doesn’t stop at 18.

This happens most every time now. Thoughts on what the issue might be? Is there a reset function? Disconnect and reconnect everything?

Any thoughts would be appreciated! It’s really only an issue when surfing, but it is a pain!

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like its time for a touch pad replacement.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...Project-Thread
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Tige Speedset issues

Thank you Chp ! I searched on the Tapatalk app and couldn’t find that for some reason.

Comment

So good news, thanks to IDBoating, my speedset is fixed and all buttons are operational again! It is great having a decrease speed button again.

Bad news, the speedset only works 1 time, meaning that after achieving speed once, after slowing or coming to a stop, it will not set the speed again when reaccelerating. Any thoughts on this issue? It’s a real PITA when surfing. I should note that this had become an issue at the same time the speedset stopped working, about two weeks ago.

Comment

I would contact Marine Power. The Speed-Set is supposed to return back to its previously set speed, as long as the engine is not shut off. So like picking up your downed rider and going again, it should lock right back in to the previous speed. Changing riders and shut engine off, then a new set speed has to be set.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Will do. That is what used to happen up until a few weeks ago. Rhanks for the reply.

Comment

NHskier did you have any luck fixing this issue? Mine will sporadically loose cruise as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kdammen View Post
                NHskier did you have any luck fixing this issue? Mine will sporadically loose cruise as well.
                Same issue here! Following..

Comment

When this happens, does the "set" on the gauge turn off? If so, the switch is losing connection momentarily and turning the cruise off.
                  Oh Yeah!

Comment

No, the display still says speed is set, but the engine revs up like normal.

Comment

Hey sorry for the delay, I haven’t been on here in ages. Yes I fixed it IDboating sent me a whole new unit. It was a super easy replacement process.

Comment

Working...
                      X