Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creative ways to ask female human ballast to move.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creative ways to ask female human ballast to move.........

Need some help........

I always hate asking female boat passengers to move around the boat to help the wave (especially my wife).

Let’s hear some strategies that you all have come up with to ask female passengers (human ballast) to move around without getting “the look.”

Good luck.
    I get the exact same reaction.

They also don't like being referred to as ballast in my experience lolol

Comment

Originally posted by SONIC View Post

They also don't like being referred to as ballast in my experience lolol

lol. Exactly right. Better off just surfing a less than ideal wave then asking!

Comment

We've been at this a while so most people we have on the boat pretty much know the driver dictates where should be seated, in fact, they ask where they should sit. We also have some ground rules we go over before every outing involving newbies: no shoes in the boat (including flip-flops), no spray sunscreen and, most important, do what the driver asks you to without question.

I've found if you're polite, no one takes it personally.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I always just try to move them in pairs so they can still talk/sit next to each other. It's when I ask one to sit in cabin and the other in the bow that I get the real dirty look.

Comment

I follow dogbert but most of the time I just ask them to sit on the other side. have asked several in the past that I would consider "high maintenance" that others have brought along and never had any issues come up while on the water. now they may blast me in the car on the way home to whoever invited them but since I'm not there and it's my boat, really don't care
            2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
            2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

I line them up and then one by one, fastest first, stack them up.

My crew knows the drill. I just ask as whole for everyone to take a surfside position. They end up where they end up and that’s good enough for me.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

You could try:
                We need about 90 more pounds on the surf side. *insert name here* could you move over you're the perfect weight.

Comment

The captain is always right.

Grab a picture from a wake boat advertisement and say “you can look like these models too if you sit over there”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Haha good stuff. I’ve never had an issue beside “the look” occasionally from the wife. Most people we surf with love a good wave and understand what it involves.

I think it will always give me a slight hesitation to ask though!

Comment

"Honey, you know how balance these boats are, and lets all set on this side so we can get the most wave for our son on the wave."

Comment

just keep moving the bottle of wine where you need the weight

Comment

Ballast bags are cheaper and don't talk..........................
                          Paul Middlemore

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Middlemore View Post
                            Ballast bags are cheaper and don't talk..........................
                            ...or ride, create trash, eat orange chips, drink your beer, touch your stereo,...
                            You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

You can always act like you need something under their seat which typically prompts them to move. My normal crew knows Im going to have them sit where I want them to sit. Even wakeboarding they know what my hand signals mean when I want someone to move. New ones are a little harder but my wife helps out with that one

Comment

Working...
                              X