2017 R20 intermittent taps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 R20 intermittent taps

I replaced all 3 actuators a few weeks ago and they now work intermittently.

I have found a way to consistently get them to work by:
    - unplugging the right surf actuator
    - turning the battery off and then on
    - reconnecting the right surf actuator

This seems to work as long as the battery switch is left on. Turning the battery off and on without disconnecting the actuator does not fix the problem.

Any ideas why this works and what needs to be fixed so the actuator doesn’t need to be disconnected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need a little more information.

So you are testing the two out actuators (taps3) in demo mode? When you cycle the battery switch off then back on you lose one of the actuators?

Did they last a few weeks before this issue started or did it start immediately?

Sounds to me like the starboard actuator has water in it. System sees it as a short when initially booting up and kills that channel. Take one screw out of the top of the actuator and see if water comes out. You may have to lean it over. Another telltale sign is the actuator won't fully retract.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

That’s right. I’m testing the actuators in demo mode. All 3 actuators work consistently after going through the unplug, turn off battery, plug back in.

The boat is in a marina and the problem started within 2 weeks of replacing all the actuators.

All the actuators work well, fully retract, no hesitation once they are working.

I will check the actuator for water. It seems like the short circuit detection is tripping after the boat has not been used but then it’s fine after this reset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X