2018 R20 Taps3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 R20 Taps3

Taps3 on Right side only has worked intermittently the last couple of weeks and then quit altogether. Took it into the dealer and both actuators were changed. In Demo mode it was working fine. Took back to the lake and it worked intermittently then quite again only on the right side. Took back to dealer again and they cannot figure it out. Any thoughts?

The actuator is bad. I just had all 3 replaced for the same problem.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems like everyone on here is having actuator issues, right meow. Maybe Lenco is pissed that Tige is dropping them and we’re all paying the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Crap thing is, supposedly the new ones are “better”, but it sure doesn’t seem that way. Maybe we can file a big ole class action lawsuit against Lenco for ruining all of our damn precious summers!!!

Comment

Our middle one has been intermittent since we bought it as it was a new boat to us it took us a while to figure out. We finally figured it out and got a new one and we fitted it last Wednesday. It lasted 4 days!!!!! Sunday the new one packed up with a different issue. We have another on order with the dealer and have ordered a spare to keep on hand as I feel this is going to be an ongoing issue. So frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That sucks. You said you guys are in an RZX, also, correct? It sucks that thy are such junk. I’m getting rid of TAPs this winter, hopefully that will help, at least.

Comment

I wonder if the majority are fine, and we just hear about people that have failures, or if there are actually as many failures as seem to be out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Zackdogg View Post
                Crap thing is, supposedly the new ones are “better”, but it sure doesn’t seem that way. Maybe we can file a big ole class action lawsuit against Lenco for ruining all of our damn precious summers!!!

Nope. Not just a Tige issue. Just changed one on a Supra this week and another on a Supra last week. Change at least MC actuator a week. Have a stock of over 20 actuators on the back shelf that are bad. We hold them until the warranty claim is paid out, just in case. MC parts you pretty much have to hold onto for 6 months as they will pay out warranty then request parts back later.

Comment

Correct! We have talked about getting rid of them but that would affect the warranty I think
                  What alternatives do we have?

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                    Nope. Not just a Tige issue. Just changed one on a Supra this week and another on a Supra last week. Change at least MC actuator a week. Have a stock of over 20 actuators on the back shelf that are bad. We hold them until the warranty claim is paid out, just in case. MC parts you pretty much have to hold onto for 6 months as they will pay out warranty then request parts back later.
                    Oh, I totally know that. It’s definitely Lenco that sucks!! The only blame Tige has is using Lencos for this long. Now that they’re done with Lenco, all of us running them are probably even more screwed as Tige won’t have as much pull with them.

Comment

Originally posted by SarahStenning View Post
                      Correct! We have talked about getting rid of them but that would affect the warranty I think
                      What alternatives do we have?

I’m switching to GSA plates, which is supposedly less strain on the actuator, but I guess we’ll see in the long run.. I’m hoping that new hydraulic actuator system is available aftermarket, at some point, although it doesn’t sound like it will be anytime soon..

Comment

What's the cost of a replacement actuator once your boat's out of warranty? I was told by my dealer that packing your boat full of lead and doing side transfers on the fly will shorten the life of them :/ Go figure... my two favorite things.

Comment

So they are about $299 each. Not the end of the world but still annoying!

Comment

This should be the one you want.

https://www.amazon.com/Lenco-15056-0...31&sr=8-2&th=1

Comment

I was gonna say, they weren’t $299, last I checked. Don’t buy them through the dealer, unless they’re less than amazon.. I thought I found them for like $159 at one point, by searching..

Comment

Working...
                              X