Vacation ruined - ALMOST!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacation ruined - ALMOST!

My buddy bought this new to him MB out of Salt Lake in the spring. Taking it to Sicamous, BC for a nice 2 week holiday. On way in (after dark) on a windy road going only 25mph an older gentlemen crossed the center line and hits his trailer. Snaps the hitch and one safety chain. Thank god the last safety chain held on. The boat came out pretty much unscathed (one big scratch) so they got the flat bed tow truck to launch him. At least he has his boat for the holiday. Now for insurance to try and replace trailer for trip home!

Attach93514_20190728_084701.jpg

Attach93515_20190728_084701.jpg

Attach93529_20190728_085204.jpg

Attach93530_20190728_085212.jpg
    2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
    360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Daaaaaamn!! At least the boat is still use-able for the holiday! Hopefully a replacement can be sourced in time to get home.

Good thing you were going pretty slow. I can't imagine what it's got to be like trying to control something that's barely attached to you?

Comment

That is crazy the boat survived especially with coming in-hitched. ! I’d be amazed if I saw someone putting in at the ramp like that. I would have to stop and get that story.

Comment

WOW!!!!
        My fear when towing is someone not paying attention, getting rear ended and having a car in my transom.
        Getting clipped from the side I would fear getting put into a spin.
        Amazing !!! Kudos to the tow driver for launching you guys.

Comment

I’ve been involved in an old man car crash “episode”. Just saw one the other day as well. They have such an element of randomness to them. Glad nobody got hurt. Talk about a sketchy launch though!
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

talk about lucky!! glad to hear he was able to get the boat in the water

Comment

WOW! So after all the drama how does he like the B52? I for some reason love the look of that boat but no dealers close to me!

Comment

Originally posted by akdoc View Post
                WOW! So after all the drama how does he like the B52? I for some reason love the look of that boat but no dealers close to me!
                Loves it. One of my best buddies has one too. Solid boat. Ramfill ballast is awesome. Far superior to pumps IMO. MB is a good bang for your buck.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Jetter; 07-31-2019, 12:08 AM.
                2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
                360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

I know all to well the feeling of getting run into from behind due to a texting driver. This was my boat and truck 10 years ago returning from vacation, Norris Lake TN. This still gives me the "pucker factor" every time I pull my boat.
                  We can only be so careful until we cross the "other person".

The boat got most the damage from the tow company getting it off the interstate!!

Boat and trailer2 (2).jpgBoat on road2.jpgTrailer.jpg
                  Nick
                  Dayton, Ohio

Comment

Hats off to the towing company for getting the boat into the water for you.

Comment

That is it...I am selling my trailer and I will never tow my boat again.

Comment

Working...
                      X