Limp mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limp mode

Anyone know why my boat went into limp mode?? We were surfing fine then this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The answer is loose O2 sensor, if someone reads this down the road.

Comment

So plug ID 8 is the o2 sensor and the fault was the voltage was low, replacing it fixed it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s a B, I’m not sure how the code reads. It threw us into limp mode, I called my dealer and was just kinda checking plugs and wires while he was trying to find a solution on his end, and I happened on to a loose, in the pipe, O2 sensor. Tightened it and reset the battery switch, and we were good to go. I would have been pretty bummed to go down broke at 10am on Saturday of 2 days on the water!!

Comment

The insane thing is it threw the same code, and went back into limp mode on the way back to the ramp, Sunday night. So who knows what’s wrong. I’m going to guess it’s the O2 sensor, I think I’ll probably throw 2 new ones on, and see what it does. Although I’m happy it hung on for the whole weekend, it sucks that something is messing up. I really hope it isn’t some intermittent gremlin that we’ll have to worry about.

Anyone know what those 02 sensors are??

Comment

o2 = oxygen. The monitor the oxygen levels in the exhaust gas, then use that to adjust the incoming fuel ratio.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Hahaha!! Thank you, but I knew that, I meant what replacement sensors were required.. 2016 raptor 440.. I 100% realize the way my question sounded after I read your answer. Sorry!!

Comment

What's the year and model?

Comment

Originally posted by shakey84cj View Post
                  What's the year and model?
                  2016 RZX.. dealer is saying it’s the O2 sensors, which messing with them is what got it out of limp mode, on the water, but it doesn’t sound like that code should be for O2 sensors, so who knows. Hopefully they can figure it out.. gonna be pretty bummed if the rest of my summer gets jacked up with going in and out of limp mode..

Comment

Well, after another month and no boat, I called my dealer for probably the 7th time this morning, and they’re saying that the fuel filter was sucking air because it was loose. I’ve never looked at the filter, not sure if it threads in, or if it’s hose clamps that were loose on the fuel line. Fingers crossed that they’re right, but I definitely have my doubts that I lost half a season to a loose hose clamp. Had our first snow this weekend, so I’ll be lucky to get a few more days in, guessing I’ll be spending those days using real bad words. All I know is if anyone needs to know where not to buy a boat and what boat not to buy, feel free to hit me up!

Comment

Hey Zak. I’m really feel for ya man!!!!!

I don’t know these fuel system like some of these other guys, but my intuition is the fuel pump is mounted in the fuel tank and there might be another upstream, but for sure there is one in the fuel tank. So if the filter was loose, seems like the filter is being pressurized by the pump and would spray fuel if loose enough to leak. I’d quiz them on the fuel system and pump locations within the fuel system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought it would spray fuel as well, not suck air. Maybe not. But the big one for me is that either way your fuel filter issue solved itself when you tightened your loose O2 and reset the battery switch. Yeah, you don't have a leaking filter issue.

My O2s come loose a lot. It has become part of my inspection process. Once they are loose enough that I can turn them with my fingers they get a wrench. Have done it a few times with a couple of them.

Comment

Limp mode

I had the exact same thought, fellas. I’m guessing I would have seen or smelled fuel. They’re definitely full of it, but according to them Indmar calls the shots on these warranty issues. I really hate Indmar!!

Dealer is saying that I have slightly low fuel pressure, which is the reason it’s going into limp. They’re saying the 02 is reading lean, because of that low fuel pressure, ok maybe. They replaced the 02 sensors last time and they were only good for 3 days, and during one of those days it went into limp while surfing, but reset instantly with the battery switch, not sure if it was just a fluke or what. They rebuilt the regulator last time, in hopes that would fix it. Why not just replace the damn pump and filter, nothing else should affect fuel pressure. The worst part is I can’t even find part number for anything Indmar, or I’d do it myself. I guess I could probably pull the pump and find it that way. I shouldn’t have to, but, you want something done right........

The funny thing is, the local Nautique dealer has been massively more helpful than the useless Tige dealer.

By the way, I’m the same Josh. I check mine just about every trip. Bought extra O2s to try and change out next time it happens, and now I keep a O2 socket on the boat.

Last edited by Zackdogg; 10-01-2019, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Zack do you still have warranty? Go test water test it before winter hits and drag it down to another dealer like Germaine or prestige and get a second opinion on it over the winter. You have way too much patience my friend, hats off to you.
                            Last edited by bsreid; 10-01-2019, 05:56 PM.

Comment

I’m guessing you’re talking to me, Cole. I’ll probably go that route, this winter, if this thing isn’t figured out. I have to look as I think part of my warranty is up at 3 years, which is soon, it is still currently under warranty. Part of the reason I want to take it out a few more days, and not let the con-artists at my dealer convince me that this thing is fixed, is to find out if they actually solved the problem this time. At this point, I’d rather it cost me money, and have it fixed, than get half-assed work done under warranty, whether that’s me buying parts and doing it, or having my local Nautique dealer look at it, or drag it to someone else.

I’m probably a couple of thousand dollars in gas and time, back and forth to my dealer, at this point, anyways. That doesn’t include lost lake days, which are beyond monetary value, to me.

I’m having flashbacks to the first watercraft I ever owned which was a Mastercraft WetJet, I still hate Mastercraft 25 years later because of that thing. Best thing that ever happened was me almost getting killed being hit by another jet ski at 60mph, sinking that thing, and getting an insurance check.

Comment

Working...
                              X