Rzx3 taps settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rzx3 taps settings

I have a 2018 rzx3 and I can’t seem to get the wave to be right or be rideable. Can anyone give me some setting and speed suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh oh. Hopefully this isn’t the same old story..

We run full ballast, all around, no PnP, 500 lbs lead rider side in the surf locker, 500 lbs lead rider side in the bow, start with taps on 4 and surf on 4, and make minimal adjustment from there.. speed anywhere from 11.5-12.5.. usually somewhere around 8-12 crew..

That being said, check your actuators to make sure they’re properly working, before you mess with anything. 90% of the time this conversation happens, it’s a bad actuator causing it..

You should be able to get a clean wave, even if it isn’t your best possible wave, with full ballast, 4-4 taps and surf, and 11.5 mph.. if not, I’d be looking closer at those actuators, before anything else..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ps, making sure your ballast is full and everything is overflowing, not just saying 100% on the screen, is part of the key..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Hey,

Given that you have Plug and Play, you should be running in the 11.2-11.6 range with a regular crew.

Fill all 100%, then drain offside rear ballast by 10-20%. Taps @ 4 on both sides, and surf either between 2-4 on each side, or 6-8 (depending which firmware update you have).

We have passengers sit on flip seat or majority on surf side. I run 150lbs of lead in the nose. Wave is $$$$.

PM with any Q's
        -Brandon Lucas
        Houston, Tx

Comment

Hey,

Given that you have Plug and Play, you should be running in the 11.2-11.6 range with a regular crew.

Fill all 100%, then drain offside rear ballast by 10-20%. Taps @ 4 on both sides, and surf either between 2-4 on each side, or 6-8 (depending which firmware update you have).

We have passengers sit on flip seat or majority on surf side. I run 150lbs of lead in the nose. Wave is $$$$.

PM with any Q's
          -Brandon Lucas
          Houston, Tx

Comment

I have the same boat. You need the PNP bags for the rear. I do not run any lead. Fill all bags when stationary until they overflow. drain the rear non surf side to 80%, I even sometime drain down to 75% or 75%. Start with Taps 3 at 4 taps at 4 or 5. Speed is critical if try to surf below 11 I Find the wave to be short, I surf between 11.5 and 12, My wave is very clean, with a nice curl in toward the back. I throw what I think is a pretty massive wave with a firm lip and plenty of push all the way through it.

If these setting don't work for you, check your actuators, this past off season my dealer upgraded the actuator location on my boat per tige.

My boat like bow rise and a list towards the surf side. Good luck.

Comment

I have a 2018 RZX2 (just got it a few weeks ago). I had the same problem as you - unreliable and mostly terrible surf wake. It was my actuators. See my recent thread on this titled “My new RZX2 wake is terrible...”

Take the boat out of the water and run the dealer demo mode form the Tige Clear panel. Use code 9191 to get into the menu. Once you’re in the dealer demo mode select “=Surf” then switch from right to left to watch the actuators move. They should me in a very predictable manner. Post a video of it here and someone should be able to tell if it is working correctly or not.

Because your boat is a 2018 (the recalled Lenco actuators were installed on 2017 and some 2018 boats, from what I’ve been told) and you’re having such problems with the wake, my guess is it’s the recalled Lenco actuators. I contacted Tige and they sent me new ones - I replaced them myself. They are working now in demo mode - will be getting the boat back on the water hopefully tomorrow.

Good luck!
              Last edited by BrentB; 07-25-2019, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Agree with everyone check that the actuators are working. We replaced ours yesterday and it is like having a different boat. Wake is amazing! We are going to keep a spare in the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lenco now has a revised version of the actuators that are supposed to work better. You will see Mastercraft talking about upgraded lenco units. They are all upgraded now. Pretty much any lenco made in the last two months. Don't be afraid to ask the dealerships to swap actuators if you are having issues with the taps 3. Actuators are the most common issue.
                  Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                  X