Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the critical spare parts, fuses etc that I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the critical spare parts, fuses etc that I need?

Hi all, so much good information here, hoping for a little more help & input from you all.

Long story short: picked up “new to us” boat (2013 RZ2) at start of July. Put a few hrs on it over the long weekend. This is my first tournament boat. Previous ship was an old, small, simple, damn near bullet proof outboard.

I had lots of plugs, parts, clamps, fuses, tricks etc to keep that one running. All of that stuff slowly acquired after seasons of use. So I am wondering if there is a similar list of critical/key pieces that you’d suggest I’d be wise to compile for the new boat.

We’re at the lake for pretty well the entire month of August with many guests and friends coming out so the last thing I want is to say “sorry guys, something wrong with boat, can ski or surf”. Nearest Dealer is a 3hr round trip so not super distant but it’s summer, so they’re busy and not just sitting around to wait for me to show up.

Anything you’d recommend for a “first aid” kit for the boat would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

K

A spare impeller for the raw water pump, a spare prop and puller. And if you are going to be using the ballast, having a stand alone pump set up from fly high with quick connects wouldn’t be bad. Rarely a ballast pump fails, but when it does it limits your activities behind the boat.

Comment

Fuses and relays
      Tool box with screwdrivers/sockets
      Duct Tape (Because we all need some)
      Voltmeter
      Access to Tigeowners while on the water

Comment

I keep one of those all-in-one tool boxes, like the $200, or whatever one, that has a large assortment of wrenches, sockets, drives, extensions, Allens, bits, and all that in there, at all times.

Hammer

Found out last weekend that a crescent wrench is the best way to straighten a prop on the beach

I take a drill to pull panels if need be.

I keep a 1/2” impact driver and sockets in my truck, so they’re close-ish, if I need them.

I have a bag of electrical repair stuff in my truck, spare wire, butt connectors, shrink tube, and that stuff.

Can never argue with duct tape

A bag of quality zip ties, not the garbage ones from Home Depot

A little box of hardware that I use a lot, bunch of extra stainless screws to replace the ones I strip or bend when pulling stuff, misc cotter pins, bolts and nuts, and stuff like that.

I also keep a spare plug, and a 16mm speed wrench to install and pull the plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thank you all,
          Re: fuses... are they all the same or will there be multiple different ones on the boat?
          Looks like I’ll make a trip to the dealer to stock up, unless any of you know what type they are and I can grab them from Napa / PartSource / PepBoys etc.

Comment

You can get a fuse assortment from a bunch of different places.. ours doesn’t have fuses, so I wouldn’t even know which ones they needed.. generally they’re all one type, I’m sure one of the blade types, but you’d have to see what’s in there to know what to get..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Standard ATO blade fuses.

Comment

All good suggestions above.
                I pack a spare bilge plug, belts, impeller, prop, fuses, couple extra spark plugs, and all the tools needed to change any of those things. (Prop and impeller pullers are major time and frustration savers)
                Zip ties, tube of quick dry silicone, duct tape, electrical tape, voltmeter. I really try to pack minimal tools but be able to wrench on just about any system on the boat. Go over your engine and drivetrain and figure out what sizes are common. A couple good crescent wrenchs in different sizes can do a lot.
                I also have a stand alone pump that I can use to empty (or fill) a ballast bag if one of my primary pumps fail. Also good to have as an emergency bilge pump.
                It’s also always good to have a solid spotlight if you’re gonna be out at night (or find yourself stranded)
                Last edited by Jetdriver; 07-25-2019, 07:23 AM.

Comment

thanx for sharing this thread. the critical spare part is most important for the vehicle's engine. i am selling Alco Liners in rajkot. that is a also a critical parts of locomotive.

Comment

Working...
                  X