Drain plug light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drain plug light?

My 2018 RZX2 was not optioned with underwater transom lights, but as I was replacing my actuators yesterday, I noticed there is a wire labeled “underwater transom light” in the right rear locker.

Has anyone ever tried one of those drain plug lights? If so, how well do they work and would I be able to just connect it to the existing wire so that I can control it from the Tige Clear panel?

I was looking at something like this...
    https://boatpluglight.myshopify.com/...on-triple-head

These drain plug lights typically interfere with the TAPS plate. The other issue is the accelerated wear on the harness with the removing and reinstalling in order to drain the bilge.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Spend the $ to add some proper transom lights. They are pretty easy to add after the fact and can be integrated to the touch screen as well. The plug lights are....not great. That light wont allow you to pull your bilge plug and drain the bilge without removing your center Taps plate from the transom. Not draining your bilge will accelerate steering cable wear and other components like starters and alternators dont last long in moist/wet bilges either.
      Last edited by freeheel4life; 07-24-2019, 03:23 AM.

Comment

100% with these guys. Install is cake on those, probably an hour and a half for someone that hasn’t done them before, especially because the wiring is right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks for the advice!

Any recommendations for a specific transom light that integrates well with the Tige Clear? What does Tige use?

Comment

Last year they used SeaBlaze3.. I put SeaBlaze Spectrums on mine. They look good, but the control is kinda dumb, depending on what you want. Some have external controllers for changing colors.

A dude did a comp of like 4 different models, if you can find that, from a couple of months ago.

Some of it depends on what you want for color.. if you want one static color vs a color changing model.

The Lumitec, manufacturer of the SeaBlaze line, are definitely nice quality. I haven’t messed with any others.

Comment

I like Lifeform LEDs. The Lifeform 9s are sweet, the 20s are awesome. Liquid Lumes makes a nice product too. Mike(Chpthril) is a dealer for then I believe so he could probably get you set up.

Comment

I’d probably go with what Free thinks, he gets to see a lot more of this stuff than most. I only went with Lumitec because Tige had them on their boats. I don’t even know if they’re still using them.

Comment

I have the RGB speaker ring and tower blade lighting package on my RZX2. They are controlled via the included RGB remote which allows me to change the colors, speed, response to music, etc.

If I wire the transom lights to the existing wires in the rear of the boat (labeled underwater transom lights) will they too be under the control of the RGB remote and therefore work in unison with the speaker/tower lights? Or is the wiring for the transom lights completely separate from the speaker/tower lights?

Comment

The wires in your transom are on/off, there’s no control there. You would need a controller that will control both, and lights that can be controlled by the same controller as your other stuff. I’m sure it’s doable, but I don’t know which controller, and transom light combo you’d need. I would guess that Freeheel or Chp might know.

Comment

Originally posted by BrentB View Post
                      I have the RGB speaker ring and tower blade lighting package on my RZX2. They are controlled via the included RGB remote which allows me to change the colors, speed, response to music, etc.

If I wire the transom lights to the existing wires in the rear of the boat (labeled underwater transom lights) will they too be under the control of the RGB remote and therefore work in unison with the speaker/tower lights? Or is the wiring for the transom lights completely separate from the speaker/tower lights?
                      There is just about one RGB underwater light that is going to work with a universal RGB controller like the Wet Sounds controller on your boat, and thats the Shadowcatser. Just note, these require two more conductors strung to the rear of the boat p/light in order to have the RGB.

All others either need their own controller, or use whats call TTP (times toggle protocol).

For single color or the TTP multi-color, you can wire and control them vie the TT UH20 switch.
                      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                      X