Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast pump takes forever to fill

2018 RZX2

Port rear ballast bag is taking forever to fill. Pump runs but sounds different than the rest. It eventually fills the bag but takes waaaaaaay longer.

Pump sounds week....

Has not been a problem until today....

Guesses as to what is happening welcome?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it repeats, pop the cartridge from the body, then put back on to see if its air locked. Next would be a twisted sac/hose. Lastly, break out a volt meter and test voltage at the pump.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working today back to the boat late afternoon I will do all three. Any idea what pump voltage should be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Id hope its within .5V of battery voltage.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

From my own experience with a similar issue; took forever to empty. At some point I had sucked up some grassy like weed in the intake and it went through the fill pump into the hard tank in the back and then got lodged in the evacuate hose near the discharge port. I guess once it got in that hose it wasn't wet all the time, dried and had more resistance and wouldn't flush out the discharge port. Something like that could be stuck in your fill pump or the hose from the pump to the bag. Just a thought.
          I don't want to go to work, take me wake surfing instead!

Comment

Working...
          X