Helm parts for 2006 24VE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helm parts for 2006 24VE

I am in need of replacing the plastic piece where my ignition and horn are located. Anyone know where I could find a replacement part or know/recommend a good fabrication shop?

5600ED7E-903A-426C-99B0-5C37C7D1430C.jpg

I have a similar triangular panel on my 2009 24Ve and wanted to mount my tablet there for AutoWake development. So I purchased a small sheet of clear plexiglas, cut it to that shape, heated it and gently gave it the "curve" of the original, and then spray painted the back side with flat black paint. The result looks factory perfect.

In your case you'll be hard pressed to duplicate those "depressions" in the original but if you can live without those, I think you'll be very happy with this DIY approach. If you must have those depressions, a 3D printer can certainly do it but you'll have to work up the STL file which will be a significant effort. If you go that route, use PLA filament and 100% fill to get the strength you'll want for this part.

Report back!

Comment

@IDBoating. Great ideas on the plexiglass and the 3D print shop. I am down at Powell now so I will up date when I get back and I’m able to play around with some options.

Comment

Working...
      X