Tac module reference voltage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone verify that this is the Tac module on my 2006 24V? I’ve got a document that says to test reference voltage. I’m showing 4.3 and 4.9 on the 2 reference voltages on white and red (pin g & b).
    I’m pretty new to this stuff but does this indicate my Tac module is bad causing my limp
    Mode issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the TAC module. voltage between G(white) and J(black) should be*5.0V.* Voltage between F(blue) and J(black) should be .95-1.0V.
    Last edited by boonecragun; 07-21-2019, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Thanks Boone! So if the reference voltage is low, is there anything I can do about that? I’ve tested grounds ect. I’m assuming that the ref voltage is set by the module itself.

Comment

Loosen the nuts at the pot and rotate the pot assy slightly until you are within voltage. Double check voltage after you tighten those nuts down as it can shift during the tightening process throwing it out of range. The 5.0 volt reading is not as important as the .95 - 1.0 as measured between blue and black at idle.

Comment

I’ll recalibrate tonight. Hopefully this helps

Comment

Did recalibration fix?

Comment

Got it all apart, then had to work the rest of the weekend. Hoping to get it done tonight. Now that I see the part, I’m amazed you can rotate it enough to make a difference.

Comment

Someone mention blue and black being the important voltage, I thought I read on another thread that the green and orange was the more important voltage. No?

Comment

I just want to make sure what I did was correct. The only adjustment point seems like the 2 screws marked by the arrow. Correct? It was nearly impossible to rotate enough to get it within range. After loosening the single screw to the left of the pot was able to get it to .97 between blue and black at idle. I’ll water test tomorrow. Seems like an awfully “loose “ system for such tight voltage tolerance.
                  Or am I doing it all wrong?

Comment

That’s it. The holes are slotted which allow for the adjustment. And yes a loose system for such a tight voltage tolerance. Make sure those nuts are tight.

Comment

IMG_2779 updated.jpg
                      Yours is an early version so it does not have the locking screw.
                      Oh Yeah!

Comment

Well, finally got the boat out after calibrating the pot. Same issue was present. It did feel like it did it less, kind of head to tell. So should I go for the rewire, or replace pot or both? Do I need a new throttle assembly so I can tighten the set screw? So annoying. The boat runs perfect otherwise. I guess I’m gonna have to bite the bullet and leave my boat at the dealer for a week just to get the codes read.

Comment

If you haven’t replaced the pot yet, do that first. If pot replacement does not work, try the rewire.

Comment

Originally posted by jackfly View Post
                            Well, finally got the boat out after calibrating the pot. Same issue was present. It did feel like it did it less, kind of head to tell. So should I go for the rewire, or replace pot or both? Do I need a new throttle assembly so I can tighten the set screw? So annoying. The boat runs perfect otherwise. I guess I’m gonna have to bite the bullet and leave my boat at the dealer for a week just to get the codes read.

so what is the boat doing? what issues are you having?

Comment

Originally posted by z3cta View Post
                              so what is the boat doing? what issues are you having?
                              On Saturday during tubing, the boat intermittently goes into limp mode. When I intermittently I mean if I’m pushing the boat kind of hard ( like making a turn and accelerating to whip the tube ) the boat will go into limp mode. I have tried to gauge weather it happens at a specific throttle “angle” position or totally random. Honestly it seems to happen more frequently the longer we are doing said activity. We didn’t surf due to the insane amount of traffic on Jordanelle and the weather moving in, but I’m sure the result is the same. When surfing it will happen when heavily loaded , speed set on or off. When not heavily ballasted 4-500 surf side plus suck gate we can surf just fine, no limp mode. Same think just cruising around, I can go all day at 35-4000 rpm and no issues. Honestly I don’t understand why if it is a sensor issue it wouldn’t always happen, but that’s what I’m chasing now. I will have a new pot here hopefully Friday. We’ll see if that works. I know I need to have the codes read, but it’s still “drop your boat and we’ll get to it in 2-3 weeks” at my dealer. To read codes.
                              Are you having the same issue?

Comment

Working...
                              X