ATX Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATX Part II

What do you hope to see from the ATX brand of boats? Size, features, colors.......

ATX Part II

I expect to see size, features and colors. All 3.

[emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Like someone mentioned in the other thread, I hope its a good looking boat as opposed to other boats that have surfaced at the value price point. When you buy a cheap boat that looks cheap and built with low cost materials its not necessarily a good value. When you get a cheap boat that looks good and built well then you got good value for your money. Looks are important to me because in Idaho we spend more time looking at our boat in the garage than we do using them unfortunately

Comment

1. A boat that is 100% focused on a surf wave straight out of the box that is consistent and repeatable everyday & condition. Hit the fill all button and set the tabs and just go.

2. No loss of water time for technical issues like screens and file updates.

3. Easy serviceability. Thought put into the location of ballast pumps, oil filters, and impeller. All the things that a garage mechanic can do to save a few days a year on the water.

In summary I’d say a utilitarian built SURF boat that is user friendly.

I understand the progression of building a better wave that boat owners do. So far we have added bigger bags, lead, and a bigger prop. It would be great to have a boat that doesn’t need modifications from the get go.

I would easily take a drop in # passengers on the plate to have increased ballast from the factory. I can count on 2 fingers how many times I’ve had over 10 people in our boat.

I think a 21, 23, and 25’ would cover all your bases and family/storage needs. I think there is an increasing market for people that only care about wave quality and reliability. If you could dial those 2 in from day one, every surf club, instructor, and wave snob would be all over it.

Our local Malibu/Axis dealer is limited to 50 axis a year. The factory does 4 Malibu’s to 1 axis down the production line. It makes me wonder if that 4:1 ratio is to protect the hi tech/high end boats.

Comment

Originally posted by BJM View Post
          1. A boat that is 100% focused on a surf wave straight out of the box that is consistent and repeatable everyday & condition. Hit the fill all button and set the tabs and just go.

2. No loss of water time for technical issues like screens and file updates.

3. Easy serviceability. Thought put into the location of ballast pumps, oil filters, and impeller. All the things that a garage mechanic can do to save a few days a year on the water.

In summary I’d say a utilitarian built SURF boat that is user friendly.

I understand the progression of building a better wave that boat owners do. So far we have added bigger bags, lead, and a bigger prop. It would be great to have a boat that doesn’t need modifications from the get go.

I would easily take a drop in # passengers on the plate to have increased ballast from the factory. I can count on 2 fingers how many times I’ve had over 10 people in our boat.

I think a 21, 23, and 25’ would cover all your bases and family/storage needs. I think there is an increasing market for people that only care about wave quality and reliability. If you could dial those 2 in from day one, every surf club, instructor, and wave snob would be all over it.

Our local Malibu/Axis dealer is limited to 50 axis a year. The factory does 4 Malibu’s to 1 axis down the production line. It makes me wonder if that 4:1 ratio is to protect the hi tech/high end boats.
          I think I can answer a few of these without getting myself in trouble. It is focused on performance. Wave is great, and even better-consistent every time.
          It's a boat, there will be minor technical issues. I don't think any manufacture can claim no water time loss. That is just unrealistic. However, the software is very good and shouldn't have many problems.
          It's going to be Indmar motors so same as Tige lineup for serviceability.

I really think existing TO and new customers are going to super impressed with this boat. The design, engineering team did an amazing job. We have 2 on order and can't wait to get them here and get them on the water for more extensive "testing"

Comment

I'm a bit concerned about that profile shadow shot that was posted up showing a very long bow that sticks out in front of the keel. I wouldn't want a 24 foot long 22 foot boat. I'm also not a fan of the windshield with no wrap around. I would probably love it as I'm always shouting instructions to a surfer as I pass them on the pick up. It would be nice not to have any glass right there. Just don't like the look of it.

Comment

What I want is to not wait 13 more days to see it.. I feel like I need to buy an axis simply out of spite.. just to say you didn’t show me even though you could have so I bought a different boat. #petty

Comment

Instead of storming area 51 we should storm TIGE.
                They can't stop all of us !!

This is way more important than any aliens !!!!
                EVERYONE RUN, LETS GO!!!

Comment

I’m going to be in the market for a boat this winter. I’m coming from a Yamaha 242LS that I loved, but want something that i can surf behind. I agree with you. I really hate the way boats look that don’t have wrap around windshields. Supreme does this with their boats too. I’m leaning towards Moomba at this point, but willing to look at all brands. Time will tell I guess.

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                  I'm a bit concerned about that profile shadow shot that was posted up showing a very long bow that sticks out in front of the keel. I wouldn't want a 24 foot long 22 foot boat. I'm also not a fan of the windshield with no wrap around. I would probably love it as I'm always shouting instructions to a surfer as I pass them on the pick up. It would be nice not to have any glass right there. Just don't like the look of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironrequiem View Post
                    Instead of storming area 51 we should storm TIGE.
                    They can't stop all of us !!

This is way more important than any aliens !!!!
                    EVERYONE RUN, LETS GO!!!
                    Remember... we have guns in Texas. Lots of guns.
                    2017 Tige' Z3--Navy/Silver, Tan interior, Raptor 400.

Comment

Originally posted by Carranza913 View Post
                      What I want is to not wait 13 more days to see it.. I feel like I need to buy an axis simply out of spite.. just to say you didn’t show me even though you could have so I bought a different boat. #petty
                      Trust me, it's worth the wait. Or visit your local dealer, they probably have a bit more info as well now.

Comment

My local dealer is 4 hours away.. silly to drive when someone can just give me the info over the web.. Mastercraft is our, Nautique is out... come on already.. someone leak something please...

Comment

Being the owner of a 21v for the past 6 years and wanting to upgrade to a more of a price point boat in the next couple of years, I have some input here. I have spent 600+ hours on my boat over the past few seasons and learned a lot. Also having friends with G23s, G25s, 23LSVs, Supremes and Centurions, I have surfed a fair amount of different waves. I have to say my number one thing is a truly OUT OF THE BOX dialed in wave. Every new boat I have been on has an OK wave from the factory and it still takes time to get things looking decent. They have all been FAR from dialed in though. I am a fan of the G's, but every one with a killer wave is loaded with lead. I want to see a boat with a 100% consistent wave that is dialed from the factory. When you spend this kind of money on boats, I can't believe the time it takes to get them dialed in. Even if the new boat takes some lead - that is just fine, but let me know how much I need and where to put it. But needing new props, more weight, and hours on the water 'testing' just doesn't sit right with me especially in a new 'surf' boat. I put the time in with my 21v and understand that's what it takes with an older boat.

I know wave quality is subjective, but I think we all have a fairly good idea of what we look for - clean face, push, size, etc.

Comment

Ive wonder if the ATX will be at Possium Kingdom Lake for the Eagle Marine Tige Reunion 8/9-8/11[emoji849]

Comment

Originally posted by mdk681 View Post
                              Being the owner of a 21v for the past 6 years and wanting to upgrade to a more of a price point boat in the next couple of years, I have some input here. I have spent 600+ hours on my boat over the past few seasons and learned a lot. Also having friends with G23s, G25s, 23LSVs, Supremes and Centurions, I have surfed a fair amount of different waves. I have to say my number one thing is a truly OUT OF THE BOX dialed in wave. Every new boat I have been on has an OK wave from the factory and it still takes time to get things looking decent. They have all been FAR from dialed in though. I am a fan of the G's, but every one with a killer wave is loaded with lead. I want to see a boat with a 100% consistent wave that is dialed from the factory. When you spend this kind of money on boats, I can't believe the time it takes to get them dialed in. Even if the new boat takes some lead - that is just fine, but let me know how much I need and where to put it. But needing new props, more weight, and hours on the water 'testing' just doesn't sit right with me especially in a new 'surf' boat. I put the time in with my 21v and understand that's what it takes with an older boat.

I know wave quality is subjective, but I think we all have a fairly good idea of what we look for - clean face, push, size, etc.
                              I wonder if coast guard regulations and lawyers prevent manufacturers from selling and a loaded down boat?

Comment

Working...
                              X