Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 Z3 feedback

Hey everyone.

I am looking into a 2013 Z3. I have a 07 Moomba LSV right now but looking to upgrade. Does anyone have some feedback on the Z3?
    Boat is the surf option boat. VX hull with 2000 ballast.

Surf feedback?
    Engine feedback?
    Ride feedback?
    Any issues with this model that is common

Thanks for any and all feedback.

Richard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a 2007 LSV also and went to a 2013 Z3. Aside from the improved surf vs the LSV, the rough water handeling is quite a bit better. My Moomba got a point where no matter how much more ballast I loaded up, the surf wave hit its maximum.

With my z3, the more weight the better, I’ve yet to hit a point where it doesn’t keep improving.
    While not perfect, the Z3 has less ballast issues like air lock and passive draining. The built in trash can and ability to access the cooler without making somebody stand up made days on the water with a big crew much more comfortable. Taking rollers over the bow could happen pretty easy with the LSV if you got caught facing the wrong with ballast. I think I’ve only dipped mine once since I’ve owned it. That was with 1200 lbs ballast up front and a person sitting in the bow.

It took a bit of time to get used to minimal bow storage area, but the built in windscreen is nice when it’s cold or a storm comes through. The swivel drivers seat and taller bolster is an improvement over the LSV.

It’s a much larger boat, surprising how much each additional foot makes in a boat. We can relax inside the boat, not over the engine, and be much more comfortable.

I have the 409 and only struggle to jump up to surf speed if it’s full ballast and 6+ people in the boat. It will go around 45 max. So a good mix of speed to travel long distances and low end power.
    The interiors in 2013 could have been better quality and the dual battery switch was a know issue that caused the touch screen to act up. As long as your battery voltage isn’t low, the screen functions perfectly. I keep my switch in the both battery position and keep a trickle charger on them whenever the boat isn’t in use. I haven’t had any issues since.

2013 didn’t come with the separate push button to keep the touch screen on separate from the engine/boat key. If you **** the engine off, switching riders for example, the screen would power of and turn off ballast pumps, disconnect Bluetooth. You can retrofit with the button that came out in 2014 to remedy that issue.

I have a 13 Z3 for sale in the classifieds btw!

Comment

A000108F-33A5-4D4C-9D70-50F635D74F60.jpg

If you can find one with the Convex VX extension you will have quite a bit better surf wave. My boat didn’t originally come with the VX so I surfed a few years without and now a few years with. It cleans the face of the wave up significantly, allows you to mellow the shape more with TAPS and adds another full surfboard length of wave to ride in the back.

The above picture is my buddy surfing last weekend in a bit of wind and only me driving, nobody else in the boat so just ballast for weight. There isn’t much comparison to the Moomba LSV as far as wave goes. The Moomba wave was great to learn on, but pretty quickly it’s not enough. I doubt I could ever out skill the wave on my Z3.

Comment

The Z3 is one of the best surf boats you can buy for the money it impresses me even after surfing brand new 2019 boats. The 343 with the correct prop is more than enough power, my buddies is pushing 1500 in lead and the largest pnp bags one can fit in each rear locker. Tige did have a few problems with the interior in 2013 but you should be able to tell by now if things are bad or not. Just be prepared if you want to reach it potential to spend some money on custom surf bags and maybe GSA as it rips oh the z3.
        1BAD0089-7AB4-4CF3-BA2B-1F774BE3274F.jpg

Comment

As everyone said, the grey accents on the vinyl will break down and the stitching will pull out. Look for that. Otherwise I agree with what everyone else has said. You can make a great wave all day with a Z3.

IMG_4938.jpg

Comment

I just sent you a pm. i have a 2014 that i'm ready to sell and upgrade. I don't think you can go wrong with the z3. This is my second Tige and my family had two others before that. Great boats. The interior was an issue. Mine started separating this summer and my dealer has new skins coming. I'd for sure look at that.

Comment

how does one fix air lock? front port works 30% of the time. Have to disconnect and suck on hose to get flow...

Comment

Working...
              X