ballast bag and check valve leak R23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ballast bag and check valve leak R23

hey there TO team, discovered this weekend we have a leak in our aft starboard bag, right at the drain line connection, not the right angle connector or line, isolated right at the orange seal. anyone had any luck fixing this or am i going to need to replace the bag?

also i noticed we have a couple of check valves that seem to be leaking (starboard bow and port stern). Assuming these are replaceable, does anyone know the part number?

in both cases not sure these are warranty items, but going to ask dealer. I can do the fixes myself if necessary so hoping if warranty they'll just send me new ones instead of having to drive back to them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

checking back - anyone had luck repairing ballast bags as described?

Comment

is it leaking between the gray and orange or the orange and black where the white looking Teflon tape stuff is? if its a tige made sac, they are typically permanent fittings
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        is it leaking between the gray and orange or the orange and black where the white looking Teflon tape stuff is? if its a tige made sac, they are typically permanent fittings
        gray and orange connection is where it's leaking. not at the screw-in fitting.Tried putting some vinyl / plastic glue on and a vinyl patch but wasn't enough to stop the leak, esp since it's damp down there.

it is a factory sac.

Comment

Originally posted by cnote View Post
          gray and orange connection is where it's leaking. not at the screw-in fitting.Tried putting some vinyl / plastic glue on and a vinyl patch but wasn't enough to stop the leak, esp since it's damp down there.

it is a factory sac.

Warranty that baby out. Nothing you can do really. Dealer should be able to drop ship you a bag if he gets a pic of the bag like the one above.
          Germaine Marine
          "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by cnote View Post

it is a factory sac.

Yep, no fixing it due to the welding design of assembly.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

that's what i thought... thanks chp and elevated!

Comment

As to the check valve. IF you cant source one from the dealer under warranty, you can source one from a number of places, just based on the hose barb size. Just note not all check valves are created equal. Some do work better then others

Comment

Working...
                X