Need help with a tower bolt/thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with a tower bolt/thread

I had a tower bolt from a 2005 tige' tower get stuck this weekend. As I forced it out, the threading appears to have come with it. Can I purchase a new thread kit?TowerBolt.jpgTigeTowerBolt.jpg

With no knowledge of that tower, it looks to me like someone jacked up the threads previously, and put a heli-coil in there, as a repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

^^^Exactly. I just had to helicoil a fork on my racks.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

To the OP, you might’ve better off putting a thread insert in there, over a helicoil, as a repair.

Nick, we ended up at the lake yesterday afternoon, thought we might run into you. Wasn’t bad in the narrows, with the wind to our back, but pretty windy otherwise.. good news was it was pretty empty by the time we got there, and nobody at the rope swing for the first time all summer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll look into both options and see which works best. Is it a difficult process? I suppose I'll need to measure the bolts to get the correct size/depth? The original bolt has stripped areas as well. We don't have Tige' dealers around me so any other ideas on where to get a replacement bolt?

Comment

mikemcclain8,

You brought back memories. That is literally my boat at the dealership that I bought it from almost 4 years ago. Though I got a new trailer color matched vs the dealer general purpose trailer

Comment

Any nut & bolt shop should have one. Fastenal would be my first stop.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

https://www.mcmaster.com/screws
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks Chpthril, I've bookmarked the site and will search for a replacement.

H20-Ski, I didn't have a picture of my boat so I had to do an internet search to get a photo of the tower. What's funny is that dealer is where my boat came from originally and the Original Owner moved overseas and sold it to me.

Comment

Working...
                  X