Starting issues on my 2013 Tige Z3 with PCM EX343

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting issues on my 2013 Tige Z3 with PCM EX343

Was out at the river this last week in 116* heat and boat is running good. Surfing and tubing the kids. Turned boat off to jump in the water and cool off. Climb back in the boat and try to start and nothing. Gauges, radio, pumps, and blower all work. No noise when trying to start just dead. Check to make sure boat is in neutral. Move shifter in and out of gear and still nothing. Sit and float for a few minutes change batteries from all to 1 and or 2 still nothing. Batteries are new and I checked to make sure cables are tight. Try starting again and it fires up. Next day fires up no problems. Set up camp at the beach unload gear and go out for a surf session and turn boat off. Try to start and same thing doesn’t fire up. Float for 15 minutes and try again and the boat fired up???? What the heck any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Kyle

possible starter going out? I had a no start issue with my 22ve with the same motor. went to run it after the winter in prep to sell it and it woudn't turn over. took to dealer and they got it to fire right up after whacking the side of the starter with a mallet. fired right up each time after that. said I needed a new starter/solenoid and that it would eventually leave me dead on the water again.
    I sold the boat so not sure if that would have fixed the issue but if it was me I'd take it back out to the lake with a mallet. if it doesn't start, whack it. if that does it then replace starter
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Thanks for the reply Sandm. Do starters make any noise when going bad? When I tried to start the boat there is no noise at all.

Comment

I’d take a test light out with me next time. When it happens put the light on the smaller wiring terminal on the starter. If the light turns on while someone tries to start the engine then the starter is likely bad. If the light doesn’t turn on then you have an electrical issue up stream.

Comment

Okay thank you. Do you know anything about the solenoid or is that and the starte all in one??

Comment

Technically they are separate and can be replaced independently of each other. No one does anymore and I would recommend just replacing them as a unit.

Comment

My starter would take a while to crank a couple years back. Just took it to a local guy and had him rebuild it which was cheaper than a replacement. May not be an option for you during the boating season.

https://www.nautiqueparts.com/?s=sta...t_type=product

Comment

Thanks BCRider! I clicked on the link you sent. Do you know which starter/part # for the PCM 343???

Comment

I'd suggest you to confirm but based on my 09 with the same motor and checking the owners manual it would be RA122009 https://www.nautiqueparts.com/produc...-pcm-ra122019/

Comment

Working...
                  X