Wake shapers???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wake shapers???

My home made wake shaper snapped yesterday. A very easy fix...but I am wondering if there is really an advantage to manufactured ones? And which is best...

I have a 2013 z3

As someone who has tested just about every brand of wake shaper, and discussed the advantages and disadvantages of just about every one with other boat owners, I can tell you in my opinion the "best" depends on what you are looking for and what boat you have. On our previous boat (2014 Z1), the Wakesurf Edge was by far and away the best - but I know others who have different models and swear by the Nauticurl, the Mission Delta, and the Swell Wake (not to mention the handful of others). My recommendation; wait and see if someone on here has a 2013 z3 to respond before proceeding. I truly believe these shapers are all good, but some work better on one model, and another one on another model of boat.

Comment

As someone who has tested just about every brand of wake shaper,
      Did you get any testing on that Roswell wake shaper we sent out for the 2018 west coast event to be used then given away?
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

We didn’t personally test it, but others did. If I remember correctly, I think Cory Weber won it.

Comment

The advantage to manufactured ones, IMHO, is that most are going to have all stainless or plastic components so there’s no worry about rusting suction cup posts, springs, pins, etc..over time.
          D&P is right about some working better than others. For example, the Nauticurl works great if it’ll fit your boat, the Mission Delta will fit in some tighter spots that the bigger Nauitcurl and Wakesurf Edge won’t fit on. I personally think the wave is better on the shapers that have an angle to the plate. All the big commercially manufactured shapers work pretty well and are constructed well. What it would come down to for me is which will fit my application the best.

Comment

Z3 likes a shaper with a less aggressive angle off the back of the boat. I would go with nauticurl as it looks like a good overall.

Comment

Working...
            X