Help !!! 2007 RZ2 Stalling after cruising for 20 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help !!! 2007 RZ2 Stalling after cruising for 20 minutes

Ok guys I have an odd issue occurring… 2007 Tige RZ2 with marine power 5.7 … This exact thing has happened 2x and almost in the same location at our lake.
    Take our boat out a 10 am wakeboard for the day No issues. Runs great … To get back to our trailer we have to take the east bay in a no wake zone for approximately 20min (@4-5 mph) at approximately 20 minutes the engine stalls and won’t start up … I pull the boat out on the trailer take it home … in the morning I connect it to a fake lake and it fires right up??? This exact thing has happened 2x and almost in the same location each time. Any input is greatly appreciated !!
    Last edited by Halestorm; 07-15-2019, 11:41 PM.

One might think excess heat is building in engine or engine compartment. Assuming engine temp gauge /thermostat / impeller/cooling system in general is working properly and reading a normal temperature an easy test could be to run the blowers during the 20min ride at idle. That could help keep engine compartment cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I kept an eye on temp... never seem to get to hot.. However I dis try to start this morning... and it wouldn't start guess next step it ti pull the fuel filter and check pressure btw what should it be at ?
      Last edited by Halestorm; 07-06-2019, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Any luck with this issue? I've had my boat 5 years and experience this when it's hot out. 2008 22ve with the 340 Marine Power. I think it is heat related but nothing I have tried seems to help, new plugs, cap, rotor, fuel filter & impeller. When it starts to stall on me I can normally work the throttle to keep it from stalling and once I get past that it runs fine. It does seem like it's getting too much fuel as you smell gas when this happens. I do run the blower when idling and if floating for a while I will open the engine hatch a little and this does seem to help but has not solved the problem. Engine temp is in the 150 range when running so it's not running too hot.

Any idea on what to check next?

Comment

Thank you all ... It was the high-pressure fuel pump. Fixed just in time to have an excellent weekend in our boat.

Comment

Thanks for the update. Did they say why it ran fine all day and happened when idling? I was debating replacing the fuel pump but odd that it runs fine until idling or floating for a while.

Comment

I'm having a very similar issue with my 2008 20V. How expensive is a replacement high pressure fuel pump? Is this something a novice could replace on their own?

Comment

I was sent this link: https://marineenginedepot.com/fuel-p...e-marine-power around $300 it looks like.

Comment

Working...
                X