Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 Tige RZ2 Key doesnt kill engine ... Now wont start ... HELP !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 Tige RZ2 Key doesnt kill engine ... Now wont start ... HELP !!!

Took the boat out yesterday and ran into a couple issues. First when I turned the key off the engine continued to run. So I had to use the kill Lanyard to stall the engine. After a couple time we decided to call it a day however on the way back the boat just all and out died and wouldn’t start back up. I know this sounds a bit vague and a ton of items it could be but any ideas where to start?

At the ignition switch, check for power at the red wire. Check for power at the purple wire with key on. Check for power at yellow/red wire when trying to crank. lets start with this.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
      At the ignition switch, check for power at the red wire. Check for power at the purple wire with key on. Check for power at yellow/red wire when trying to crank. lets start with this.
      Well all had power... But when testing the yellow/red wire when trying to crank it Started ... LOL Now Im even more confused... I still needed to pull the kill switch lanyard to stall it. Any Idea what it could be ?

Comment

Purple wire should only have power on it when keyed to the ignition position. If it has voltage in the off position then key switch is bad.

Comment

Working...
        X