PROP SHAFT SEAL PSS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PROP SHAFT SEAL PSS

Does anyone know the brand Tige uses for its prop shaft seals ?
    Is this brand adjustable for a leaking prop shaft seal like this YouTube video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M33UK50W0QY

Mine is the Red one.

5C49E676-87CF-4334-8AC5-3E086D7DE284.jpg

6FE2ADF3-E9E8-4B93-BB9F-A08E4E57DE79.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NHarp1; 06-27-2019, 10:44 PM.
    Nick
    Dayton, Ohio

Thats the XPC. Not the same brand as the one above but works on the same principle. Do you have a shaft seal leak?? I have yet to see one of those seals fail is why I ask.

Comment

I have a small leak like a 2 quarts an hour. Maybe it is from the 4 hose clamps that may be loose? I need to watch again now that I have a good flashlight next time on the water or with a fake-a-lake.
      Any ideas? 2016 Z1, 100 hrs.

I see a Snap Ring, but how is this style adjusted compared to the PSS style ?
      Last edited by NHarp1; 06-27-2019, 10:40 PM.
      Nick
      Dayton, Ohio

Comment

Leak appears to have stopped. Tightened the 4 loose hose clams and put some additional “Boatlife” rubber silicone on the boat hull thru bolts just in case water was coming up from a bolt.

No leaks running the boat with a fake a lake in and out of low gear.Tomorrow it goes out on the lake.
        Nick
        Dayton, Ohio

Comment

I see a Snap Ring, but how is this style adjusted compared to the PSS style ?[/QUOTE]

It doesnt adjust. Just lives there in its happy place. The white portion is the seal and the orange "boot" or "bellows" just allows the seal to follow the shaft, so a slight alignment issue wont wipe out the seal.

Hope the lake test goes well for you. Happy boating.

Comment

Working...
          X