ZX1 Fire Issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZX1 Fire Issues?

So asking for a buddy because I didn't know the answer. Has Tige/Indmar tracked down the root cause of the boats catching on fire yet?

Yes. Blanket recall on the 230A alternators.

Comment

Originally posted by BurnMac42 View Post
      So asking for a buddy because I didn't know the answer. Has Tige/Indmar tracked down the root cause of the boats catching on fire yet?
      I bought a 2019 R23 with the Raptor 400 that was manufactured in November-December of 2018. I have had 3 recalls from Indmar:
      1 Alternator fails causing over-voltage issues.
      2 Fuel filter issue, something about seal leaking
      3 and most recent, Fuel pump seal issue

All 3 of these could lead to fires. I actually experienced the alternator issue, was putting out ~18V on crank battery. The crank battery was very hot and swole as a result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How do we find out if our motors are part of these recalls?

NG572

Comment

Originally posted by NG572 View Post
          How do we find out if our motors are part of these recalls?

NG572
          I got letters from Indmar for the fuel pump seal and the fuel filter seals.

The recall for the alternator came out when my boat was in the shop for the alternator issue, so I assume my boat was a catalyst for the alternator recall as I did not receive a letter for it.

Comment

The 230a is huge and black and has a different bolt pattern. Could also call your dealer.

Just fyi, the fuel pump grommet recall isnt Indmar. The fuel pump manufacturer is issuing the recall for those.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
              The fuel pump manufacturer is issuing the recall for those.

The grommet recall also impacts Mastercraft, Mooba, Supra, Malibu, MB Sports and I believe Sanger as well. So it wasn't only Tige that was affected.
              Oh Yeah!

Comment

I dmax should have sent you a notification in the mail but your dealer should be well aware of it before the boat leaves the shop
                surf till u die.

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
                  The grommet recall also impacts Mastercraft, Mooba, Supra, Malibu, MB Sports and I believe Sanger as well. So it wasn't only Tige that was affected.
                  Correct. I should have mentioned that as well. I have to go on the road starting Thursday night and knock out a bunch of grommet kits for our cutomers in McCall. Super excited!

Comment

So before driving off the lot we would want to make sure the :

1 Alternator is swapped
                    2 Fuel filter is changed
                    3 Fuel pump seal is changed

Anything else?

Comment

Id make sure it has the current version of Taps3 with the new swivels and brackets. Barring any other shenanigans that should keep you boating and happpy

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
                        Ah yes. How’s that old saying go? Beauty is only skin deep. It’s all the same under that.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                          Id make sure it has the current version of Taps3 with the new swivels and brackets. Barring any other shenanigans that should keep you boating and happpy
                          Make sure brackets are in the right orientation.

Comment

Working...
                          X