Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24VE starting issue

Hey guys,
    Hoping I can get some ideas from you all! have a 2006 24VE that I've had for 3 summers. It has the 5.7 L marine power in it. Just got back from a frustrating week at Shasta in regards to the boat. Put it away at the end of last summer working great all summer. 1st start up of the year about a month ago it just cranked over hard but never started. After a bunch of trouble shooting, switched the ignition and fuel relays around it fired right up. Ran it for about 5 hours over a couple trips earlier this summer and never had another issue.

Last week leave to shasta and on day 2 - same issue as before. won't start and I swap the relays on the water and it fires right up. Head to Redding that afternoon and got two new relay's just in case the problem continued and it did the next day. swapped out both old relays for the new ones and it fired right up and worked great all day. next day in the middle of a surf run it dies instantly again, and this time swapping the relays doesn't do anything. I ended up having to dock the boat for the last three days of our trip.

Been trying to figure out what the issue can be and pretty confused at this point. The fuel relay seems to be pretty hot when I've swapped them out so I suspect that's the culprit but new relays isn't the issue since I just bought two new ones. Should I be looking at a bad ground somewhere? New circuit board? low or high fuel pump? Would appreciate any input as I prefer not to just start swapping out parts if I don't need to.

When the boat won't start, each time I've check my guages and I'm not overheating, voltage seems fine, and the boat has been running strong with no abnormal idling or running issue. In every instance it's died instantly in the middle of a run. Every time other than the last time that left me stranded - swapping relays within 2 minutes has resulted in an instant fire up on the boat and it's ran fine after that.

thoughts?

thx!

fuel pump ever been changed??

Comment

Working...
    X